{03}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
SEPTEMBER, 2015

Emery didn't hate first years, just found them annoying at times. They asked a thousand questions, messing up things around the common room and just the overall typical schedule that the older students had. She didn't have patience to be around all the ankle biters, the rugrats that ran circles around Hogwarts asking her questions like 'where's the classroom' 'how do the pictures move' 'why do we use quills instead of pens' and other questions that made her want to hit them upside the head and sometimes she did do that. Even though she got really annoyed with them, she did like kids. She liked the sparkle in their eyes when seeing magic. The kids who were curled up in a corner reading, or the ones who ran around with energy sparking around them. The friends that stuck together and reflected just like how she was when she young. Watching how the timid girl befriended the smiling blonde, recreating her and Olivia's story.

In their story, they were the main characters, in someone else's story, they were the background characters. How their lives might matter but at the same time don't. Two stories coexisting, meaning the world yet nothing at the same time. Affecting each other while not interacting.

It made Emery question what it would be like being another person, in a different body with new people around her. It always left her questioning whether she should go talk to someone different, then realizing that she didn't want to talk to any of these people, she'd rather observe them from afar. Several of the students were too bitchy or caused too much trouble for Emery's taste. It was better to get her work done, hang out with her best friends - both living and dead.

The first day of school at Hogwarts no longer left a bubbling feeling in her stomach or a pounding in her heart. She wasn't nervous or excited; to her, it was now just school. She loved it, but it will be just school. Almost interesting how when she was younger there was buzzing in her veins at the thought of going or being at Hogwarts. Butterflies flying around in her entire body. Something that lifted her high and she never wanted to be let down. She didn't feel that anymore, but it wasn't sad, just apart of going up, she supposed.

"Potions, first thing in the morning. I am not awake enough for this. I'm going to burn down Hogwarts." It wasn't uncommon for Olivia to worry about stuff like that; to be fair, she was horrid at Potions, but good enough to make it to N.E.W.T. level, so maybe horrid was an exaggeration. One of the only reason that Olivia was able to get into the N.E.W.T. class was because of Emery.

Emery's best class was potions, it wasn't her favorite class but it was her best. Her notes did nothing to help Olivia. Emery may have been smart, you could even call her a genius, but her notes were only decipherable by Emery herself. Olivia found it annoying, the ink spread over the paper, letters and maybe numbers somewhere in the mix of it all. Olivia desperately wanted to rewrite them, make them neat and perfect, but she couldn't tell what any of it said to rewrite it.