{31}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
MARCH, 2016

    Emery didn't care how worried people were about her. After reading the book Teddy lent to her, she learned why she was throwing up blood, but she didn't go back to the hospital wing. She hadn't talked to Nathan in maybe a month, it had definitely been a month since she talked to Remus or Tonks, but she had been talking to Iain every day so she didn't care.

    She didn't care if people looked at her longer because of her pale face. She didn't care how bright her lipstick looked on her just so she could hide how grey her lips looked. She didn't care that she looked like she was dying; she didn't care if she did die. What she did care about was getting strong enough to bring back her brother.

    "It says here I have to go to the place where you died." Emery said looking over the book. The book contained everything there was to know about ghost whisperers -- which wasn't much since they were very rare. Only on one occasion had someone been brought back from the dead, Emery intended to make it two. 

    "Just go out to the courtyard, there is powerful magic there and it will work just the same." Emery nodded along and scribbled down the notes in an organized chaos. She tried to catch each word that Iain was saying, but her mind was turning fuzzy and she could feel vile rising up her throat. Running to the bathroom, she made it in time to open the toilet and watch as blood came out of her mouth. She felt the blood dry on her lips as she flushed the toilet and leaned against the wall. "I think that's enough for today."

    "No, I have to bring you back."

    "You can't do that if you die. Just relax for now, you need strength, don't worry, I'll be back."

    Then Iain was gone. Emery laid her head against the cool wall, slowly laying down on the tile floor.

    "You need to keep him away." Emery lazily raised her head and saw Remus there. "Whenever he's around all we feel is darkness and we can't talk to you." She knew that Remus was right next to her, just barely. "He's pure darkness. You need to push him away." 

    "Go away Remus." Emery didn't know if she meant it or not, but she was just in so much pain. Her stomach felt like it was spasming and she didn't want to see any more spirits right now, they only kept on hurting her. Normally, they came easy to her, but now just talking to them made her head feel like it's on fire. 

    "Emery, you are dealing with something -- someone -- dark that you don't understand. That is not your brother." She closed her eyes and pictured herself and Remus at a door and began pushing him out. She was very strong, but she was strong enough to start pushing him through. Her arms ached but it would be worth it if she could just be alone.

    "Go away Remus." Emery puts more power into her voice. "Go away Remus!" She shouts until Remus is gone, she made him go away. She collapsed onto the tile floor and coughed, and she felt more blood splatter onto her lips. She didn't know how much more of this she could take, but she dragged herself to her feet then into her bed. It would look bad if someone found her on the bathroom floor and Emery couldn't let herself be brought back into the hospital wing.

    Emery didn't even have the energy to cry. Her whole body felt like a combination of fire and ice. Emery whimpered at every move she made until she was too tired to. She was too tired to move, to cry, to make any noise. She was too tired to even stay awake. So with only the bed sheet on top of her, some of her hair sticking to the sweat on her forehead, Emery fell asleep. 

So I went through my plan and took some stuff out that wouldn't quite fit anymore and I think we have about nine more chapters after this one and then this book is done. Crazy right? So I do think I can finish this book before tomorrow is over so let's see how my insanity paid off. 

I'm thinking of doing a Q and A question thing where you can ask me or the characters some questions either through the comments or message me them and I will create a chapter and answer them. Just let me know.

Thanks

-April