Chapter 37

Sorry for taking so long!

I know I'm way late. I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend (a week early) because my parents will be on vacation when I turn 22. So we're having a very early party. Had to do a lot of baking and planning, and on top of that my financial aid at uni isn't coming through, so had to fix that... And I've been havig a bit of a writer's block and I am working full time during the vacation so I can afford uni without my usual financial aid next year...

So yeah, I've been plenty busy. I hope you guys will bear with me through this difficult and busy time!

Love you all, Mokita

=================

Before Carl could ask what was going on, his boyfriend had already pushed him in and the two made their way to Simon and Thorn.

“Hi,” I heard Dylan say politely. “You’re Thorn, right?”

The corners of Thorn’s eyes wrinkled as a smile graced his face. “Carl! How good to see you again!” Apparently, they had met before in a gay bar, and Carl knew Bantam as well. While Dylan, Carl and Thorn yapped about the gay community and the difficulties of being homosexual, Simon rushed over to my side, placing a hand on my shoulder to send his energy through me to transfer over to Eros.

“Where’s Bantam?” I heard Dylan ask. “I’d love to meet him.”

“He’s taking a very long time with those bandages, isn’t he?” Simon mused aloud. “Maybe someone should go see if he’s okay.”

Carl offered to go, but Dylan insisted all three of them should go, since they weren’t really needed anyway. Eros used just the slightest bit of compulsion when Thorn glanced his way, making sure he wouldn’t notice the way Jillian was standing completely still, her eyes wide. His control over Jill wavered for a moment, but she was too out of it to do much besides take a tiny step back. The moment Dylan led his boyfriend and Thorn out of the room, shooting a strange look my way, I rushed over to Eros, gasping his arm to lean him even more energy. I had barely any left, but it was enough.

“Can you get into the files from KTS?”

“Yes,” Jillian replied dully.

“Write down your username and password,” Eros ordered.

Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen from the desk, Jillian jotted down the information without hesitation.

“Is there anything else we need to get in?” Eros asked, his eyes following Jill as she stood up from her bent posture at the desk.

“KTS texts me a code to get into specific files,” she said. “So you need my phone.”

“Hand it over,” Eros grunted, having a difficult time maintaining his control. When he stuffed the cell in his pocket, he asked one more time if that was all they needed to get into any file in the system, which Jillian affirmed.

“They’re coming back,” Simon warned us, looking up at me from his cell phone. “Dylan just texted me they’re three hallways down.”

“Forget we asked you any of this,” Eros told Jillian. “You were just examining my hand to see if I would need stitches, but I don’t. You won’t think about your phone until you’re in bed, and you think you must have lost it somewhere else – not here.”

“I was just examining your hand,” Jill agreed with a brusque nod, her eyes fogged over and listless. “I lost my phone.”

“We didn’t ask anything about KTS, you hear?” Eros said just for good measure. “You won’t remember this.”