Chapter 14

Hey guys,

Sorry for being late... again... My editor hasn't gotten to this chapter yet, but I could't make you wait any longer. So please, don't judge me too harshly, she chapter hasn't been edited... If you see a mistake, you're free to point it out, but please be nice about it. :)

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Love, Mokita

“It’s time for a field trip!” Simon was standing in front of me, my car keys dangling from his outstretched hand. His face was forcefully cheerful, like he was purposefully trying to keep all bad thoughts from his mind. I couldn’t tell if I was right though, since I had shut of the bond the night before and hadn’t gotten around to letting the walls back down.

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to cover up that I was wearing a short, lacy nightgown.

“It that Simon?” Eros appeared behind me, his arm immediately finding its place around me. I’d gotten up to open the door while he had still been asleep, but with our bond he always woke up soon when I was already awake, unless I shut of the connection. And even then, there was a good chance he’d wake up.

“Morning,” Simon greeted with a wide smile. I couldn’t help but think it was fake. “Get dressed, both of you. I’d like to get going as soon as possible.”

I yawned and leaned against Eros, enjoying his presence even though our skin contact made me sweat. It was hot and humid today, my hair matting to my forehead. I felt tired, which wasn’t too surprising. After my bloodlust course the day before, Lance had walked me to the deserted cafeteria and made me eat something. How he’d known that I was starving was beyond me, but he must have guessed that I had been too nervous to eat before the course. Eros had joined us soon after, causing Lance to leave as soon as possible. Eros might have a lot of friends and admirers, but most students were frightened of him or didn’t like him very much. Especially guys. I’d headed to class short after, sitting through boring lecture after boring lecture.

At the end of the day, therapy waited for me, where I had to live through every single moment of bloodlust I had ever experienced. I felt like people were grouping up on me, every single teacher and student part of some master scheme to get me from the E of Experience to the A of Acceptance in a mere day. Afterwards, Eros and I had hauled up in his room, making out for hours. He’d assured me that I didn’t need to worry about him wanting more from me… sexually than I was ready for, and he had kept true to his word. But that didn’t mean that there hadn’t been plenty of sexually inclined jokes and some seriously breath-taking kisses.

“Where are we going?” Eros asked when he saw what Simon was holding. “Aren’t those Dem’s?”

“What gave it away?” I asked with a smile. “The furry keychain?”

“The flowery sticker on the key itself,” Eros replied, kissing the top of my head.

Simon’s smile was wavering and I started to feel a little guilty. Sure, he’d told me he was okay with me and Eros, but saying something and actually feeling it were entirely different things. I should know, I was the friggin’ queen of saying one thing, feeling another and doing things that matched neither the words nor the feeling.

“We’re going to Warrensburg,” Simon said, “to find Ryker Adams.”

I blinked when I realized what he was getting at. One of the Ryker’s was supposed to live in my home town, while the other two were in Indianapolis and Kansas City. I was glad that Simon was taking the initiative to go and see the first one of them, but that didn’t change the fact that I was nervous as hell. And even worse… I hadn’t told Eros about any of this yet.