Chapter 17

Sorry there is going to be a lot of repeat with the Phone conversation Prim had with Mark but to fully understand it you should read it again so you get both sides, Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________________

Prim’s POV

After finishing my song I was about to leave when my phone rang.

“Hello” I sniffled, whipping my eyes with the back of my hand.

“Hello this is the laughing company, how may we stop your crying today?”

A smile formed on my face followed by a weak laugh. “Thanks Mark, I needed that”

“No Problem. So why were you crying?”

“Do I have to tell you?”

“Are you my best friend?

“Yes you are my best friend.”

“Than yes you do. I believe it is in the job description.”

“Look I just don’t want to talk about it okay.”

“Too bad, spill. It will make you feel better and you know it.”

I gave a heavy sigh. “Okay, okay jeez no need to get your panties all tied up.”

“HA HA, very funny. For your information I wear boxer briefs.”

“Eww, I did not want to know that.”

This time he gave a real laugh “Too late. Anyway thats changing the subject, spill.”

“Alright, I found my mate.”

“Seriously, that’s awesome, congrats.”

“That’s not a good thing Mark.”

“Why?”

“You know damn well why.”

“Oh, your dad.” I could practically hear him facepalming for that one.

“Yes him.”

“Well have you at least talked to him? Your mate I mean.”

“Yes I talked to him, no I did not tell him why, I just told him that I couldn’t accept him.”

“Is that what you really want?”

I started crying again, curling up into a little ball. “No, it’s the opposite of what I wanted, I want to be able to go running into his arms, I want him to comfort me, I want to get to know him and most importantly I want to be able to fall in love and trust in another person so completely that nothing is hidden.” I whispered the last part as if I was afraid to voice my wishes, “And most of all” I looked up at the sky. “I want to just be with him.”

“I know, so why don’t you?”

“I don’t know, I just don’t know what to do anymore. What if he figures out where I am?”

“Are you worried about him hurting you again?”

“No, I’m not worried about me, I know I can handle it.”

“Oh, so its the people close to you there” He was quiet for a while before he spoke again. “Do you think he would know you would go to your mom’s old pack?”

“I don’t think he even remembers what pack she was from, so I’m relatively safe for now.”

“Exactly, which is why I don’t think you should worry about it.”