Chapter 8

I was getting too close. If, no, when HE comes after me he will go after those close to me because he is just that kind of sick son of a bitch. So I started to distance myself, I know they noticed it and I know it hurt them but I could help it, I wouldn’t let them get hurt because of me.

I think Gabby took it the worst. In just a few days we had gotten so close before I even realized what I was doing. To call Harry pissed was a huge understatement. He despised me because when I hurt Gabby I hurt his mate which is like a huge no no in the werewolf world.

At one point he almost attacked me but I did deserve it because I was being an ass, it’s just the way I am when things get too personal. His anger totally caught me by surprise though.

It was two days after I started to ignore them all and while I was working on this Honda civic he came barging in through the door bringing not only me but Chris and Erin to their feet as well.

“Okay that’s it I’m done playing mister nice guy. I don’t care what you do to me but because of your little stunt Gaddy is really hurt. You made her think she did something wrong, so please do tell why you are being such a little bitch!” By the end of his little speech his face was only inches from mine. Chris and Erin each had an arm but it didn’t look like they were going to say anything until I answered his question. I guess they were wondering what happen to me as well.

I had to remind myself that I couldn’t get this close it would only lead to more pain, for all of us. I kept every single one of my emotions out of my face, the pain, guilt, sadness and regret were nowhere to be seen. I was an emotionless mask which is exactly what I wanted. I looked straight into his eyes as I spoke “Sorry, you can tell her that it’s not her. I just realized that I don’t want nor do I need friends, they are just excess baggage that will weigh me down.” I was dying on the inside and seeing the hurt in all of their faces did not help.

Chris looked at me appalled as he let go of Harry’s arm. “So all we are to you is excess baggage?” His strong voice faltered at the end making him sound unbelievable weak.

I really just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry, but still I kept up with the facade. “Yes.” And with that I turned around and got back to work on the car.

I heard them shuffling their feet as they walked away and I even heard Erin mutter ‘un-freakin-believable.’ I hated doing it to them but again I didn’t have much of a choice. You might be wondering why i can be friends with Alejo, Peter and Mark but not them right?

Well thats easy it’s because I know for a fact they can handle themselves. They are werewolves too and they know what HE can be like. That and when I tried to stay away from them they would not have any of it they chased me done 24-7 till I finally caved. I only allowed it because they knew what they were getting into, but honestly I would have been lost without them. And just knowing they are there for me will help me keep anyone else to be tangled up into my mess of a life.

Days turned into weeks and before I knew it school was starting. I hadn’t talked to any of them since that day. My nightmares wouldn’t let up, they only seemed to get worse with each passing day. I was only getting three maybe four good hours of sleep each night and it was really starting to wear me down.

I lost all my enthusiasm to even begin to think to go racing or fighting again. The only thing I had to look forward to was the nightly talks with my boys, they helped me through it. I was lucky enough that no one of the new pack has seen my wolf because if they did then they would know what I am. It was just one more thing I didn’t have to worry about.

It was the first day of school so I walked into the office to get my schedule. There was an old sweet looking lady behind the counter. I cleared my throat to get her attention. “Well hello there,” She looked me up and down “you must be the knew student Primrose Chavez am I right?”

I gave her a small smile “Yes but I prefer Prim.”

She gave me a large grin right back “Of course, well here are all the things you’ll need, there is your schedule and locker number and combo and all that jazz. If you have any trouble at all feel free to come back and ask.”

Giving her a curtius nod I headed out. I walked through the halls with my head down as I went over my schedule it went like this (now remember this is an all werewolf school)

1. History of Wolves Honors

2. Human form fighting

3. Cooking class

4. AP Calculus

5. Lunch

6. Art

7. AP Physics

8. Wolf form fighting

I wonder if I can trick them into thinking I can’t shift. It won’t be too hard considering I hide most of my scent anyway. Other then that I really like my schedule. As I started looking through my other stuff I walked into a hard body. I looked up to see the kid glaring at me. Well two can play at that game so I glared right back. The poor guy ended up looking a little scared and he walked off. Amateur.

I looked around to realize there was this huge crowd around in what seemed like a circle. weird I thought but the weirder part was this smell. It was like nothing I had ever smelt before and it was coming from the center of the crowd. It was a mix a vanilla and smoke from a bonfire with a hint of what seemed like some kind of flower or something.

I just then listened to the voices around and I heard the name ‘Adrian’ being tossed around a lot. If I remember correctly that’s the Alpha’s son’s name, and considering the amount of people gathered that would make sense.

The bell for class rang but not on person payed attention to it. I guess this is one well like soon to be Alpha. Either that or they are all sucking up which really wouldn’t surprise me. Slowly the crowd started to thin and I got glimpses of him every so often and from what I saw was pretty damn good looking.

Soon there was only one guy blocking my view and all of a sudden a gust of wind hit me from behind from an open door. Then it all started moving in slow motion. They guy in front of me moved to the side to reveal the gorgeous guy that I had been getting glimpses at. My breath caught, he was that beautiful.

He had longish sandy blond hair that looked kind of like a surfer’s with the richest blue eyes I have ever seen. He was rippling with muscle but yet it wasn’t too much either. He was extremely tall too, he had to be at least 6 foot 5 inches.

As I stood there with my mouth a-gape checking him out he did the same to me. At the same moment we both looked up and our eyes met, and this time instead of time slowing down it stopped altogether. I took a step back and gasped. ‘Oh hell no,’ I thought.