Chapter 22

Prim's POV

I woke up surrounded by darkness, but I felt oddly safe. For once in a really long time I didn't wake up from a nightmare I woke up from a peaceful dreamless sleep.

I felt something warm behind me so I snuggled farther into it. I gasped when something tightened around my waist. 'What the hell' I thought.

When I looked down it was an arm. Once it had registered in my brain that it was a person behind me, I felt the sparks. Adrian.

Yesterday came rushing to my mind as I remembered what I did yesterday. The song, me crying him comforting me. I must have fallen asleep in the car.

It was so unlike me. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep but I guess that's the effect my mate has on me. That also explains why I didn't have a nightmare.

I twisted around in his arms so that we were face to face. He was still sleeping soundly with a smile planted firmly on his mouth. God, he was even adorable sleeping.

I took my hand and softly caressed his cheek with it. I wish things were different, but they aren't. This is reality. And in reality I had to leave way sooner than I thought I would. I titled my head up slowly and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Warmth exploded in my body and my wolf was jumping for joy.

I pulled away slowly, lifting his arm off from around me retreating from his warm, comforting body. Every single inch of my body protested. My heart was aching as I slid off the bed gently putting his arm back down.

A frown graced his beautiful face as I got farther and farther away. He stirred but did not wake. I opened his door and closed it as softly as I could.

I tiptoed down the hallway passed the many rooms. I found the stairs and at the bottom  was the door to the outside. I thought I was home free when just as I got to the door I heard a voice.

"Wait" Mason. "You know you don't have to leave." I didn't turn around. "You could tell him. He would fight to protect you."

I softly replied "I know." My voice cracked.

"But you're still going to leave aren't you?" I nodded my head and heard him sigh. "Be safe." I nodded again and left.

When I got outside I took a deep breath then dashed in the direction of my apartment. I threw open the door and grab my special bag. It was special because it was made for traveling wolves. It went over your head and through one arm and you adjusted the strap so that in your wolf form it was nice and snug.

In it I threw a pair of cloths and all the cash I had. I turned around swiftly and ran towards the door.

I ran into a wall where the doorway should have been and sparks flew. Shit. I looked up slowly to see Adrian. Every part of his body screamed anger but his eyes, his eyes held only pain. And that was much, much worse.

"Where do you think you're going." He seethed

"I have to go Adrian."

"No, you don't" He stepped forward forcing me back. His voice became softer "Tell me what your running from" he bent down to my eye level, "I can protect you."

I closed my eyes. Trying to fight off my tears. It didn't work. "I'm sorry, I really am but," I looked away I couldn't look at him and go through with this "I can't stay."

He dropped down to his knees in front of me. "Please I just found you. Please don't do this." His eyes glistened with unshed tears.

My eyes betrayed me as tears rushed down my face. He got up and stepped forward to pull me into a hug but I stopped him. "Goodbye." I whispered.

Before he could stop me I ran around him and out the door. I knew he was close behind me but I also knew soon he won't be.

As soon as I hit the tree line I burst into my wolf without breaking stride. I could hear him do the same.

I dodged trees and leaped over fallen logs. Soon it was only my heavy panting I heard but I didn't stop.

After a few minutes a heartbreaking howl pieced the otherwise silent night air. It stopped me right in my tracks. Adrian. His voice held so much pain and anguish it had me contemplating turning around and going back to him saying it was all a mistake, that I would never leave him, but I didn't.

My wolf stopped talking to me hating what I was doing to him. I almost turned around on multiple occasions but I kept chanting over and over in my head that it was better like this then have him dead.

I came to the boarder of the Evergreen packs territory. I stopped and looked back briefly. My wolf took over letting out a howl just as heart braking as Adrian's.

Together we moved are feet slowly and gained a rhythm again. She understood why I was running now, she didn't like it, but she understood.

I ran straight through the day and the night after only taking breaks to eat and drink. Finally I felt like I was far enough away. I collapsed on the ground instantly asleep, still in wolf form.

I was woken up by prodding in my side. immediately hyperaware of my surroundings. Standing towering above me was none other than my father. Shit.

I got up and tried to get away but he grabbed my tail and yanked me back. A yelped escaped my lips.

"Well, well look what we have here. My dear little daughter." He sat on me effectively holding me down, no matter how much I struggled.

As I struggled against him more and more men started coming out of the forest. I sniffed the air, rogues, dammit I knew he was creating an army, the bastard. A growl ripped from my throat just making my father laugh harder.

"You made my job so much easier my dear, here I thought we would have to invade the Evergreen territory to take you away." SOB! "You know I bet you left because of the Alphas son right?" My head whipped around to face him. "That little mate of yours."

I fought twice as hard as I did before trying to throw him. I swear to god if he so much as touches Adrian I'll kill him.

A few of his men stepped forward and put shackles on all my feet and a collar around my neck. All my energy left me, crap silver.

My father got off me and kneeled down by my face. "Now all I have to do is wait till your precious little mate comes to get you."

I tried to lash out with the last bit of my energy but I yanked back by my chains.

The last thing I heard before I passed out was my dad's evil laughter.