Chapter 23

Adrian's POV

She left.

She was gone and I wasn't able to stop her. She didn't trust me to be able to protect her. My mate thought I was weak.

I was going insane with worry. I really hoped she was okay.

It had only been a few hours since she left but I still hadn't stopped pacing. My dad had noticed my distress and had ask what was wrong.

"SHE LEFT! she's gone and I don't know if she is okay or not!"

"Calm down son. Who left?"

"Who do you think? PRIM!"

"Alright and why did Prim leave?"

"Because she thinks I can't protect her that's why."

He gave a big sigh. "When did she leave and which direction?"

"A few hours ago heading north, I tried to follow her but she was too fast." I turned to him as a thought popped into my head. "I saw her wolf, it was pure white except for where I am white she is black. Also it was from a distance but I swear her wolf was bigger than most she wolfs. She looked to be as big as Chris and Erin. How is that possible?"

He looked straight into my eyes. "That's because Alpha blood runs through her veins."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Her father was a cruel Alpha before the counsel disbanded his pack. What they failed to do though was think of the safety of the poor little girl who was stuck with him."

I started shaking and I just know my eyes were growing dark. "How dare he! Her father! A man of power, he abused her, didn't he!"

He nodded solemnly, I yelled out in frustration.

My father spoke after I calmed down some. "I'm sending our best trackers after her. We will find her son" he put his hand on my shoulder making me look into his eyes "We will find her and we will bring her home. Alright?"

I nodded stiffly. I still couldn't believe it. Her own god damn father!

I was still pacing when the trackers came back with a report. I stood on edge as they addressed my father.

"So we were able to follow her sent to right outside the territory boundry but then we lost it."

I lost control I screamed at them. "How!?! You are suppose to be the best damn trackers in the US. So how the hell did you lose her scent?" Chris, Erin and Harry were all holding me back at this point, to keep me from attacking them.

The leader of the trackers, Beta Sam stepped forward. "Because a bunch of other scent joined in and hers was masked over." His eyes flickered to my dad's before they settled back on me. "We also found the scent of sliver.

Instead of holding my back, my friends were now holding me up as all color left my face and all feeling in my legs dissappeared. I slowly looked back up at Sam. "Blood" I took a deep breath, "Was there blood?"

"No."

This time I really collapsed to the ground in relief. "Thank God."

Everything was silent until the song, Heals Over Head by Boys like Girls filled the room. What the hell? I thought. I looked up to see a very confused looking Jasmine carrying a phone came in. "Hey Adrian, I found this phone in your room and it won't stop ringing. Is it yours?" She looked around the room. "What's going on? Adrian what's wrong?"

I ignored her questions and got up off the floor and was about to just throw the thing at the wall when I recognized it, it was Prim's. The call ended as I stared at the screen. I looked up at my dad. "It's Prim's phone." Before he could say anything it started ringing again.

I thought why not, and pressed the speaker phone button telling everyone to be quiet. The voice on the other end was panicked "PRIM RUN!" Huh?

"Who the hell is this?" I said into the phone.

It was silent on the other end beside muffled voices that could not be understood. The person came back on to the line. "Who is this?"

"I'm Adrian, next in line to be Alpha to the Evergreen pack and you are?"

I heard some rustling and soon a new voice came on the line. "Your Prim's mate right?"

"Yes." I drew out the s, saying it in a skeptical voice.

There was a sigh of relief, "Thank god, is she there with you?"

"No."

"Shit. Do you know where she is?"

"No she ran off."

"Double shit."

I was getting a little impatent. "Are you going to tell me who you are and why you're looking for Prim or should I just hang up?"

"No! Wait, I'm Mark and with me are Peter and Alejo, we are Prim's friends. The reason we were trying to talk to Prim was to warn her that her dad found out where she is, or well was."

This time it was me who swore. "FUCK!"

"What?" Mark asked.

"My dad sent the trackers after her and they lost her because there was a group of scents all around, including silver."

I heard three very different swears, I think one was in Spanish. There was discussing on the other side of the phone before the first voice came back on. "Alright we are coming there, we will be there as soon as we can. Do we have permission to come onto your land?"

I didn't even bother to look to my dad, I didn't care. These guys knew Prim and they knew her father, they had to be of some sort of help. "Yes."

As soon as the word left my mouth the line went dead. I looked at the whole group taking each and every face in. "Let's find my mate," She might hate me for this later but hey, it was going to happen eventually, I was going to make sure of that. "Let's go find my mate and your future Luna."