Chapter 4

What the hell am I supposed to wear for this thing!!! Do I dress up or just go casual or is it like semi-formal? God this is so annoying fuck it. I decided to just wear my jean cutoff shorts and white off the shoulder  shirt with a white strapless bra and my favorite pair of gladiator sandals. Curling my hair slightly (bet you’re wondering what I look like right about now huh? Well guess what I’m saving that for later) and putting on a small amount of make, never did like that stuff. I finished just as I heard the doorbell ring, must be Sam, might as well get this over with. Taking a deep breath stealing my nerves I made my way to the front door and opened it.

To my great relief Sam was dressed in cargo shorts and a button down t-shirt. Thank god not really that formal good. Giving him a small smile we headed to his car. As we were driving down the road Sam tried to make small talk but with me being good old closed off me I didn’t give him any more then what was needed to answer the questions he asked. It went a little something like this:

Sam: So have you settled into your new apartment alright?

Me: Yup...

Sam: Met anyone from the pack yet?

Me: Yup... (looking out the window the whole time)

Sam: That’s good. Do you remember their names?

Me: (not feeling like listing all the names I just went with...) the weres at the auto body shop

Sam: Oh yeah I know who your talking about. So did you have car trouble or something?

Me: Nope

Sam: Then why did you go there?

Me: Got a job

Sam: You like cars?

I just nodded then remember the promise I made to Alejo I added “I like anything that’s fast.” He laughed at that smiling and nodding his head.

Sam: That’s cool...

After that it was pretty silent but luckily it didn’t take much longer to get there. Or so I thought because when I got out of the car I realized we were in the middle of nowhere at a dead end.

Sensing my confusion Sam spoke up “The meeting is in a clearing thats in the woods a little bit I’m going to go behind that tree to change to spare you the sight. Are you going to change as well?”

Shaking my head I said “No I can keep up in my human form though.” Nodding he walked off into the woods. I wasn’t changing because I didn’t want them to know I had Alpha blood in me. You see those with Alpha or even Beta blood in them Wolves are much larger than those without it. And let’s just say my wolf is no exception to that rule.

Soon a large silverish grey wolf came out  where Sam had gone in with his clothes in his mouth. His head was about a two feet taller then me making him a large wolf. Must be the beta I thought. Moving his head toward the woods indicating to go that way we took off running.

At first Sam went slow thinking I would have trouble keeping up but once he realized I was not only keeping up with I was also doing it with complete ease, he sped up so I did too. At one point I could tell he was going at his top speed while I even in my human form easily kept up and passed him a couple times having to slow down because I didn’t know where we were going. To say I was fast was an huge understatement I could run a mile in three minutes flat and that’s still a jog for me. Even for werewolf standards I was extremely fast. Which is good considering the fact I was always running from one thing or another.

After a while of weaving in and out of trees we stop in a clearing full of werewolves, there had to be at least 500. A quarter of the town’s population was werewolves. The Evergreen pack was the largest and strongest pack in America no one challenged them. They had my allies and no enemies or at least no one ballsy enough to come forward and challenge them. It was the perfect place for me to go because really no one would ever dare to take them on. Even my Dad isn’t that dumb.