Chapter 20

Prim’s POV

My second day at school was even worse than the first if that was possible. First period was boring but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. Next period was much the same as the day before. This time I didn't think I was being watched I knew. Everyone in the class kept giving me dirty looks except for Adrian and his sister. Both of them acted as if I didn't exist. That hurt me more.

Cooking class was great until I felt something hard hit my head and break. When I pulled my hand away it was covered in slim. Turns out someone behind me threw an egg at me. I wanted to kick their ass but I knew it would just make things worse. If that was even possible.

Calc was probably my easiest class I was able to sit in the back corner and since I knew it all I was able to do want I wanted which consisted of doodling in my notebook and writing down some new lyrics.

To avoid the whole lunch 'where do I sit' fiasco I just went outside and ate the lunch I packed out there.

I can't wait until the boys get here. At least them I will have some people to hang out with.

When I was done eating I just sat there waiting for the bell to ring, basking in the sun.

My next class was suppose to be Art but it was switched to music yesterday after I had left. Apparently Gabby took it upon herself to tell the music teacher how awesome I am at singing. So of course I just had to be in that class. Upside Gabby is in it and we are talking again but just in school. Down side Harry is also there and he still hates me, real down side Adrian is in that class. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

I walked in just as the bell rang to avoid anyone trying to talk to me. I saw a seat in the back corner just to my liking but Gabby thought otherwise.

"Hey Prim over here, sit with us." She was waving her hands like a maniac. Sitting next to her was Harry and sitting in front of him was Adrian. Not wanting to be rude I made my way over them. The only seat open was the one next to Adrian so I sat down but instead of making eye contact with him I merely said hey and turned to glare at Gabby.

She just shrugged like she was innocent and turned her attention to the front. I did the same.

"Hello class, today I want to see where everyone is in their skill set of singing. For those who weren't here yesterday" cue glare at me and Adrian. "I would like to inform them that although the class is titled as a music class it is all about singing and or instrument use. We don't really cover any history." Well that makes it better. "So I would like to start out by passing out songs to everyone. There is no trading, you're stuck with the one you are given."

As she started passing them out people with either excited or annoyed/disgusted with the song they were stuck with.

Hannah was happy with Since you've been gone by Kelly Clarkson, Harry was okay with Hurricane by Theory of a Dead man. When I saw Adrian's song I internally groaned, he got I won't give up by Jason Mraz. That was just too much of a coincidence for my liking.

I thought that was bad but then my song was placed in front of me. I was stuck with The Story by Brandi Catlile. Now don't get me wrong I really love the song but just the fact that I had to sing it in front of Adrian that was the problem. See I sing with all my heart, I pour all my emotions out when I sing and I just was not comfortable doing that to this song because I knew I would be thinking of him.

We were given a few minutes to go over our songs. Since I already knew the song really well I only needed a couple seconds.

"Alright class any volunteers to go first?" No one moved "No one, okay then I guess I'll have to choose." She dragged her finger over the class, she slowed down when she got to my group. All I could think was, 'please, please don't pick me'. "Prim," Crap. "How about you?"

I raised one of my eyebrows "Do I really have a choice."

She seemed to think about it for a moment before she just came out with a flat monotone "No."

Signing I got out of my seat, she made her way to the piano but I just held up my hand, "I got it." I went to the back and pick up one of the acoustic guitars.

I walked to the microphone in front of my class and lost myself in the song.

All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything

When you've got no one to tell them to

It's true, I was made for you

I climbed across the mountaintops

Travel across the ocean blueI cross over lines and I broke all the rule

sAnd baby I broke them all for you

Oh because even when I was flat broke

You made me feel like a million bucks

You do, I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth

It's hiding the words that don't come out

All of the friends who think that I'm blessed

They don't know I'm in this mess

No they don't know who I really am

And they don't know what I've been through

Like you do, and I was made for you

All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am

Oh but these stories don't mean anything

When you've got no one to tell them to

It's true, I was made for you

Oh yeah, and it's true that I was made for you

When I was done no one said anything not even the teacher. I didn't look at their faces I just stared down the microphone as I sang, so I didn't know if they liked it or hated it.

I took a step back from the mic when I tasted salt in my mouth. I reached my hand up to wipe my face. It came back wet. You have got to be fucking kidding me, I was crying.

I looked up and my gaze fell on Adrian. His eyes held so much pain and he was halfway out of his seat. I could tell he wanted to try and comfort me but he was holding himself back. I looked at everyone else and they were staring at me in awe. Even Harry's eye were devoid of the hate he always seemed to be sending my way.

It had been a good two minutes where no one did anything, not even so much as blink, before I finally came to my senses. I put the guitar down and said "excuse me." Right before I ran out the door.

I only got a few feet before a strong grasp on my wrist stopped me in my tracks. By the sparks shooting up my arms I knew who it was.

I turned around to look at him tears still streaming down my face. He slowly stepped closer to me. When I didn't pull away he wrapped his arms around me pulling me in tight.

I didn't fight it, I couldn't. It just felt too right. I rested my head on his shoulder, my arms seemed to move around his waist of their own accord. I snuggled closer as I let it all go.

_______________________________________________________________________

Comment and Vote Please, You'll make my day :)