Chapter 11

Prim’s POV

You have got to be kidding me. The last thing I needed right now was to find my mate. Don’t get me wrong I did want a mate, desperately actually, but not now. Not with HIM still to deal with. It would put my mate in danger, I couldn’t do that. Hell I haven’t even spoken to the guy and I was irrevocably in love with him.

But I have to reject him.

As soon as I even thought those words my heart crumbled and my wolf cried out in agony. Okay so maybe I couldn’t reject him, but I did have to stay away from him. That I was sure of.

By the time I found my locker and then found my class I was already twenty minutes late. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

The teacher gave me the nastiest glare, and I just gave her my sickly sweet smile right back, giving her my schedule and saying “Sorry got lost.”

“Well Miss. Chavez you make take an open seat anywhere right after you introduce yourself to the class.”

Damn I was hoping she wouldn’t ask that, oh well. I turned to the class as I spoke “Hey my names Prim, I’m unmated, like cars and I like to run.” With that I sat down next to this girl I thought look familiar. When I said unmated, all the unmated male in the room sat at attention checking me out. I can’t deny that I’m pretty hot but thats just plain annoying.

The reason I said unmated in the first place is that I’m hoping it will get back to my mate Adrian and he’ll understand that I don’t want him.

As the teacher started to talk the girl next to me nudged my arm. When I looked at her again I recognized her as the Alpha’s daughter Jasmine. That also meant she was my mate, Adrian’s sister. Shit, this can’t be good.

“Hey I don’t know if you remember me but I’m Jasmine.” Great she seemed like a goody two shoes too.

“Yeah I do, nice to see you again.” Can you say fake smile? Because I sure pull off a good one.

“Oh, well it’s nice to see you again too.” Now she had a real smile, unfortunately though the conversation didn’t end there. “So listen..” And here it comes “I was wondering why you walked away from my brother. I mean I know, you know he is your mate so I just don’t understand why you would just walk away.”

Crap, I didn’t think I would be questioned this soon. I turned back to face the front, face void of all emotion as I said my next words “I don’t want a mate.” A little part of me died as I said that.

She was so shocked by my statement that she didn’t say anything for the rest of the period and soon I was off to my next class.

When I got into the locker room all eyes turned to me and all conversation stopped. When I saw Jasmine I knew the reason, looks like someone is a gossiper. When my gaze landed on Gabby she gave me this sad almost disappointed look. It took everything in me to not break my facade right then and there, but I carried on.

I went to the back of the locker room and silently changed into my gym clothes which consisted of long basketball shorts and a loose fitting sweatshirt. That way all my scars are covered. The last thing I needed was for people to start asking questions.

I walked in the doors and went up to the teacher to tell him that I’m in this class. When he turned around and I saw who he was a giant smile spread across my face.

“MASON!” I yelled as I jumped into his awaiting arms. Mason was an old friend of mine who left town when he was eighteen just like me. The five of us together, Me, Mason, Peter, Mark and Alejo were unstoppable. I hadn’t heard of him since he left.

When I was hugging him I heard a growl from across the room, I knew who it was, Adrian but I just ignored it. “Hey Prim, what are you doing here?”

“Oh you know just felt like getting away.” I looked at all the people around us then back at him. He got the hint and knew we would talk later, alone.

“It’s good to see you again”

“You too. So you’re a big shot teacher now huh?” You couldn’t wipe the smirk off my face with anything.

“HA HA make fun of me all you want it’s not that bad plus I get the weekends off as well as the summer. Anyway I got to get to work so run off to your little friends.”

Turning around I called over my shoulder “I would if I had any but I’m not here to make friends.”

I heard him scoff and say “Yeah I kinda figured that.” Now speaking to the class he shouted out “Alright everyone gather around.” As we did so I made sure to stay as far away from Adrian as possible.

“So today we are going to go easy and just do some timed trial runs.” He turned and winked at me, he knew I loved to run. What a sweety. “Lets see if anyone can beat the school record I set when I went here eh.”

Groans were heard from around the room so I had to ask “What’s your record?”

Mason turned to me with a giant ass cocky smile on his face. “One mile in one minutes and 50 seconds.”

I burst out laughing “Thats the fastest you got?” His smile faded “I could beat that in my sleep.”

Smile back in place “I’d like to see you try.”

“Aye Aye captain.” I gave him a mock salute and headed outside to the track. I look back at Mason “Am I running by myself?”

“Yup, I think everyone would LOVE to see you beat my record.”

“Your on.” I got into position.

“Ready SET GO” and I was off.