Chapter 18

Adrian’s POV

I ran as fast as I could towards home. When I burst through the door in my human form, I had grabbed a pair of basketball shorts that I hide in a tree just outside the house for such an occasion.

When I got inside my dad was waiting for me at the door, arms crossed not looking happy at all. Not good.

“Hey dad, what’s up?”

“What’s up is that you skipped out on your first day of school is what’s up. Why would you do that?”

Oh, right forgot I did that haha. “Well it kind of a long story.”

“I’ve got time.”

Crap. Okay here goes nothing. “Well you see I found my mate...” I didn’t get anymore out because he started strangling me with a huge bear hug. I might be big but so is my dad. Although I am taller than him so who ever saw me right at this moment would laugh.

I was not only getting the life squeezed out of me by my dad but he had also picked me up and was now swaying me side to side.

I tried to push him away from me but he would not let go. He had me in a god damn death grip.

Finally he put me down with a giant smile on his face. “I’m so happy for you son, so who is she?”

“Well that’s the problem it’s that new girl Prim Chavez.”

He looked utterly confused and honestly I don’t blame him. “How is that a problem? She seemed like a nice girl.”

I hesitated, I really did not want to tell him this but I had to. “Well the thing is, is that she told Jasmine that she didn’t want a mate and when I talked to her about it she said she couldn’t reject me but she also couldn’t accept me.”

If possibly he looked even more confused than before. “What is that suppose to mean?”

“My thoughts exactly, she then went on to tell me how she didn’t come here to make friends or find her mate but to do two things. One was to live where her mother grew up.”

“What was the second one?”

“Well that’s the thing she didn’t tell me. I then proceeded to get so upset that I had to run at a dead sprint to the woods before my wolf took over, which is why I missed school.”

“Okay I understand that and I guess I can forgive you for that.” Letting out the breath I didn’t know I was holding I turned around to go but stopped when I heard him talk again. “Why do I have a feeling there is more to the story?”

Ugh I swear I could hide nothing from my dad, which makes sense considering he is the Alpha but still. I didn’t want to tell him the second part of the story because I wanted to try and make sense of it first but I could see he wasn’t going to let me go so I told him what I heard.

After I was done my dad looked truly sad. “So basically she wants to be with you but someone or something is holding her back.”

“Yeah thats all I gathered from the story.”

“My guess is that it was a someone and she fears for your safety. Thats the only thing I can think of.”

“That makes sense I guess, but why couldn’t she just trust that I’m strong enough to beat whoever this is, I mean I am Alpha to be.”

My dad thought for a little more before answering. “Exactly which leads me to believe that they are an Alpha.”

“But the council went around to all the packs a few years ago checking the Alpha’s behavior and getting rid of and corrupt ones and disbanding the packs sending them to other packs. So wouldn’t they have caught this guy if he is so bad?”

“Yes which means that he is either an Alpha without a pack or an Alpha of rogues.”

We brainstormed for a little while more and after some time he sent me to bed saying he would reasearch and see what he could find.

“Don’t worry son soon you will be able to hold your mate in your arms.”

“Thanks dad,” I started going up the stairs when I remembered something else. “Hey dad, Two things.”

“Okay Shoot.”

“One, when she was talking to her friend she said something about them coming here and for them to call you to make sure there accepted. I want her to be happy and I think she will be if she comes here so can you let them join the pack?”

“Sure son as long as they pose no harm. What’s the second thing?”

“She knew Mason, you know the gym teacher. He might know he she is talking about.”

“Huh, interesting. I’ll talk to him. Don’t worry about it Adrian just try and win her over.” He shot me one of his megawatt smiles.

“Thanks again dad, Goodnight.”

With that I went to bed dreaming about a girl who smells like the fresh morning air and cinnamon buns.