Chapter 3

I was right. Work was fine in fact I loved it, working on cars always relaxed me. My co workers on the other hand I did not like so much. Besides the older guy who gave me the job, his sons and their friend also worked there. I was told that usually their other friend who just happened to be the alpha’s first born son meaning the soon to be alpha worked there but he was away for the summer getting acquainted with all the other packs around. His name was Adrian, I figured I would just stay away from him.

But anyway the guys were constantly trying to get me to talk to them all day long but I just didn’t want to. I don’t trust a lot of people and if and when I do it takes a long while for me to trust them. And the way I see it I’m only going to be here for a year before I go to college so there was no point for me to even try. This is how most of it went

Harry: Hey sexy how’s it going?

Me:...

Harry: Oh so you are the silent type I can take a hint don’t worry but be warned I will get you to talk.

Later...

Erin: Hey I’m Erin.

Me: Yeah I know

Erin: Wait you can tell us apart?

Me: Yeah

Erin: No explanation as to how?

Me: Nope

Erin: So where are you from?

Me: Around

Erin: I’m not going to get much out of you am I?

Me: Nope

Erin: (sending me a cheesy grin) Don’t you worry in no time you be begging me to talk to you

As he walked away I rolled my eyes getting back to work

Even later...

Chris: Hey beautiful what’s up?

Me: (giving him a what the hell look) The roof.

Chris: Hahaha (real laughter btw) you are a funny one you know that?

Me: (trying to get back to work and ignore him) Sure

Chris: You may not want to talk to me right now but before you know it you will... (voice fading off)

I shook my head in disbelief as I got back to work. If these boys really thought that I was going to talk to them and become all buddy buddy with them they have another thing coming. I’m just glad Garrett didn’t try to talk to me because it’s not like I could just ignore him, he gave me the job. Finally at three it was time to leave but I had spoken to soon as Garrett called out to me before I left.

“Hey Prim good work today, sorry if these idiots bothered you.” He pointed over his shoulder to the mischievous looking threesome.

“Thanks and don’t worry about it.” I mumble thinking how much worse shit I have had to put up with before.

Not letting the conversation end he added “So I guess I’ll see you tonight at the pack meeting? I mean at least I’m guessing that’s why we are having it, to welcome you to our pack right?”

I nodded and added a weak “ See you later then” Before giving a half assed fake smile before waving goodbye and leaving.

When I got home the true dread that was going to be tonight washed over me. I hated crowds but not nearly as much as I just  hated people in general. They cheat, they lie, they steal, they are awful things people. In this world there are only a good few people and I’m happy to say that I have found three of the best, Peter, Mark and Alejo. I decided I would call Alejo tonight since I had called Peter last night to tell him I wasn’t dead. That and Alejo is good at pep talks.

He answered on the second ring.

“Hey Prim I was hoping you would call tonight”

I smiled to myself as I replied “Yeah I figured I would call you tonight seeing as how I need a pep talk for the whole pack meeting tonight where I’m suppose to be introduced as a new member.”

“Oh yeah Peter told us about that.” after a short pause of him thinking he continued. “Well think of it this way maybe you will meet some new people that are of those good few you talk about so much” just as I was about to open my mouth to protest he spoke up again “And before you say anything like “I’ll only be here for a year” or “I can’t trust anyone else” or you personal favorite “I don’t need anyone I can take care of myself” I want you to remember that you do need people and yes you shouldn’t trust them right away but the world isn’t as bad as you make yourself think it is. I know you’ve seen a lot of shit but look at it this way, it will get better I mean hell you’re away from el diablo (nickname we have for my dad) now. So please promises me you will at least try and if not make friends then just don’t make any enemies okay?”

See I told you. Signing because I knew I was going to do what he said. I mean really who could argue with that logic. I sure couldn't. “Yeah I guess I’ll TRY. But I’m not making any promises.”

“That’s all I ask.” I could totally hear the smug smile in his voice. After talking for a little while longer I went to take a shower In prep for tonight.