Chapter 7

I pulled up to a seemingly abandoned warehouse, but I knew better. I walked up to the building only to be stopped by a bouncer. “My names Black Rose I should be on the list.” He grunted then slowly looked down the list in his hands. Black Rose was my fighting name, I don’t need people looking for me for revenge when I beat their ass, so I use that instead.

I could tell when he got to my name because his eyes widened and he looked up at me in almost fear. You see in the fighting ring I was kinda a big deal. The guys who organized the fights were always werewolves so they knew to put weres against weres and humans against humans because honestly if a were went up against a human they would have no chance.

So not only was I under the were section but I was also a VIP fighter meaning I didn’t have to call ahead to schedule a fight, if I showed up they would put me in because I made a good show meaning more money for them.

The bouncer nodded to me in respect and opened the door and let me past. The roar of the crowd was deafening. I walked to the office to talk to the organizer. I smiled when I saw who it was. “Hey Vince long time no see.” I walked up to the huge 6 foot 4 guy hunched over a table with bleach blond hair and striking blue eyes.

When he heard me he looked over with a big smile on his face. “Prim hey, I didn’t expect to see you here.”

He came over and gave me a huge hug.  “Yeah well I had to move and I ended up moving close to here though I did forget that you ran the fighting ring around here.”

A sad look overtook his normally happy features as he said softly “Your dad.” It wasn’t a question it was a statement which I just nodded in agreement.

After an awkward silence I shook my head to clear it of the morbid thoughts, looked up and said “So do you have anyone good for me to fight today?”

He smiled though it seemed more forced than his first one. “No one as good as you but they should put up a good fight at least.”

I smiled a genuine smile this time “What’s their name?”

He looked done on to the list that was on his table “Hank the Tank.”

I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow “You’re kidding right?”

He gave out a hearty laugh “I wish I was. The guy is one cocky SOB. The guys a rogue who thinks he owns the place.” He looked expectantly at me. “I believe you are just the person to put him in his place.”

If possible my smile grew, I knew I looked like an idiot but I didn’t care. “I believe I can do just that.”

The announcers voice reverberated through the whole place “Ladies and gentlemen, you are in for a treat tonight! Not only do we have the reining local champ Hank the Tank here to fight tonight but we have a  renowned fighter for him to face off against. Can you guess who it might be?” Screams broke out as everyone tried to voice who they thought it was. I stood in a darkened hallway chuckling as I watched as the crowd grew more and more excited as well as the anxious face of my opponent.

Finally the announcer yelled out “Black Rose everyone!” If possible the cheers got even louder as I stepped out of the darkness. I looked up at ‘Hank the Tank’ and I saw the fear in his eyes. He definitely knew who I was and my rap sheet as well.

As I got into the ring Vince smiled at me then turned back to the crowd. “Well let’s get this fight started.” With that the bell rang and he was out of the ring.

For a few seconds me and Hank just stared each other down. Then he attacked with a right hook, but I was too quick for him I ducked out of the way getting a couple good hits on his stomach. He stumbled back growing angry. My face remained emotionless, it’s how I always fought, as soon as you bring emotions into the fight you’re as good as done.

He took another step towards me so I threw my leg up in a round house kicked aimed at his head. He caught my leg just like I knew he would.

He pulled me close with my leg above his head. I smirked and he faltered for a second taking advantage I hooked my leg over his shoulder quickly bring the other up and doing the same so I was upside down. I placed my hands firmly on the ground tightening my thighs that are around his neck. Constricting my abs I brought my legs down and with them came Hank. I slammed him head first into the ground soon the rest of him followed.

I quickly stood up my feet still planted by his head, I got ready to punch him in the face but stopped halfway there. The giant lug was already passed out.

Way to easy, I chuckled shaking my head then once again became aware of my surroundings. You see when I fight I tend to block everything else out as soon as the the bell rings, helps me focus.

Anyway I went to the center of the ring as Hank the ‘unbeatable’ Tank was dragged out of the ring. The dumbass couldn’t even last past one round. Vince can sauntering over to me with a huge smile on his face. He took my right hand while shouting “And the winner is... Black Rose!!!” When my hand went up in the air the crowd exploded into cheers. I waved my hands said thank you and went off the stage to the back.

I went to the back room to wait for Vince. He came in with a huge grin on his face and a giant wad of cash in his hand. He handed it to me “Damn, Black you always seem to rake in the cash.”

“Pfft, that’s just because I’m a girl and no one believes a girl can fight, so they always bet on the other guy.”

“Yeah well after tonight those people out there will think twice about counting out the badass girl.” Noticing I still wasn’t smiling he tapped my arm and said “Hey come on now, you just have to change their opinions one group at a time right?”

“Ha, yeah okay” I gave him a half hearted smile. “Well I got to get going long drive back and work in the morning but it was nice seeing you.

“Yeah you too, drive safe.”

We hugged quickly and I turned waving at him while walking away throwing a “Yeah will do.” over my shoulder. With that I left saying goodnight to the bouncer and headed home. No pun intended.