Prologue

"If you move an inch, I'll shoot." The man in black mask warned, pointing his gun at the three men opposite . "Drop your weapons. Now!" He commanded and the two men guarding the target in the middle dropped their guns.

The other man in green mask, another of the two assassins laughed.
"Finally," he said, also pointing his gun at the other three. "We got you where we want you."

Black mask smirked. "Say your last prayers, Mr CEO."

"Please," The CEO pleaded. "Don't kill me! I'll give you anything you want but please don't kill me!"

"Shut up!" Green mask silenced. "Who the hell are you to tell us what to do?"

"Finish him." Black mask ordered and Green mask smirked, then pulled the trigger.

"No!" One of the guards beside the CEO exclaimed then super quickly hugged the CEO and the two bullets went into his back as the two assassins ran away.

Still in shock, the CEO blinked twice and stared at his guard's emotionless face then saw blood drop on the floor.
The other guard caught him before he fell and laid him down gently on the floor.

"Oh Matthew." The CEO breathed.

"Am s-sorry sir." The dying Matthew struggled to speak. "I should have t-taken down t-the assassins. I failed you."

"No Matthew, you did not fail me." The CEO whispered sadly. "You just saved my life. That is the greatest sacrifice anyone has ever done for me." He turned to the other guard, "Jack, get the car ready, let's take him to the hospital."

"No," Matthew whispered. "I c-can't hang on any...longer."

"I won't stay here and watch you die."
The CEO said firmly.

"I won't make it to the hospital."

The CEO held his hand firmly. "I wish there was something I could do. I wish I could reward you for this."

"I only a-ask f-for one t-thing." Matthew said.

"Ask for anything and it shall be done." The CEO replied.

"I have a family," he said. "My newly pregnant wife, M-Monalisa and our th-three year old d-daughter, Annabelle. P-please, I don't want them to suffer. T-take care of them."

The CEO nodded. "I will, you have my word."

"A-and please, I-I want your s-son to m-marry my d-daughter Annabelle, when she is of age."

The CEO thought about it for a moment then nodded.
"I promise you that it shall be done," he said. "Jack here is our witness. I swear by your blood that what you've asked for will be granted."

"Th-thank you..."

And he gave up...

TWENTY YEARS LATER

"... And that is why we want you and Aaron Maxwell's son to get married my dear." Monalisa said and Annabelle looked away. "That was your father's last wish."

"But mum, Mr Maxwell has done a lot already." Annabelle protested. "Since dad's death, he has been taking care very good care of us and I just got my Masters degree as a result of his help all these years. I don't have to marry his son as a part of his appreciation, he has done enough, already."

Monalisa suddenly became angry. "Shut up, Annabelle! Stop talking like a child. Don't you know how much we stand to gain if you marry David Maxwell?"

"But he and I won't be happy."

"And what makes you say that?"

Annabelle stood up.
"Mum, I can't marry him!" She exclaimed. "Didn't you see the way he looked at me the last time we had a meeting about this? He looked at me with disgust! That guy can never love me, mum."

"He doesn't have to love you Annabelle," Monalisa replied. "Just focus on the money and fame his name will bring us."

Annabelle gasped, "What?"

"Go and think about it Annabelle."
Monalisa said dismissively.

"Is that all you care about?" Annabelle asked, shocked. "The money and fame? Mom, I can't believe you! You are willing to trade my happiness and future for money? You don't even see this as dad's dying wish, you only see it as a medium to acquire money!"

"I'm only trying to honour your father's wish."

"That's a lie mum," Annabelle talked back. "You are only doing this because of what you stand to gain."

"Watch the way you speak to me young lady," Monalisa snapped. "I am still your mother. And if you keep refusing to go through with this, that guilt of not honoring your father's wish will be on your head forever and you will not like me if that time comes."

"Mom!"

"That is all I have to say to you." Monalisa dismissed her again. "Now leave my presence, I need to do some thinking."

"But what about...D-Dominic?" Annabelle asked softly.

"You have to stop seeing him."
Monalisa replied nonchalantly.

"But mum..."

"Not another word from you, Annabelle." Monalisa snapped. "You will do as I say."

"I'm so disappointed in you, mum. I wish I were never born!"
Annabelle cried and left the room.

"You will thank me later, child. When you start bathing in money." Monalisa smirked. "And oh, I don't regret having you, even if you feel otherwise."

And that was the intro, what do you think?