Chapter 22: When The Time Is Right

[AN: This chapter is dedicated to @Matilda_Doncaster_UK who I have had such a lovely time chatting with. She has this awesome story idea that she has given me a sneak peek of, but she hasn't posted yet. You should all go and tell her to post it. I also plan to dedicate future chapters to other dear pocket family members who have been so sweet and adorable to me in chats, etc.]

[SAMMY’S POV]

I could see the instant betrayal on Annie’s face. We told each other everything, but I had kept Kate’s existence from her. She was more my sister than Kate ever was. I could feel Kate squeezing me tight in a hug. The hug was definitely unexpected. A Kleenex appeared in front of me, and I looked up to see Carrie holding it out to me.

“You might want to wipe your eyes,” she said softly. I smiled gratefully taking the Kleenex from her. I hadn’t even realized I was crying until she said it. I don’t know if it was Kate’s hug or the look in Annie’s eyes that had set me off. I just knew I couldn’t seem to stop the tears from falling.

“How the heck do you have a sister that no one knew about?” Christine asked bluntly. I looked through my tears to see that both Nathan and Zayn had elbowed her. “Ow! I was just asking. Or did everyone else know but me?”

“I didn’t know,” Annie said. I could see the fire flashing in her eyes. Zayn wrapped an arm around her waist, and she seemed to relax for a short minute. Her gaze was still trained on me.

“I know you didn’t want me here,” Kate murmured into my chest as she continued to hold me tight. “I just had to see you in person once. You can turn me away after this, but I just wanted to be able to say that I actually met my sister.” I pried her arms from around me doing my best to not look into her watery eyes. Giving into Kate’s wants would mean hurting the only family I had ever really known. The only family that had been there for me. Kate had always had a family, but I had almost lived my entire life without one. I couldn’t risk losing what I had for someone who ultimately would grow tired of me. I couldn’t betray the only family I ever had.

“Hey guys!” the boy’s manager Paul said peeking into the room. He shot us all a confused glance as he took in the scene, but merely shrugged as if the boys were always like this. “You need to get on stage now. Whatever this is we will deal with it after the show.” The boys nodded and moved out of the room. Nathan said goodbye to Chris wanting to go see the concert form the side of the stage.  Zayn whispered something in Annie’s ear making her blush, and I wondered what secrets she was keeping from me. Lou brushed past Nora, but she pulled him back by his arm and kissed him swiftly on the cheek before pretending nothing had happened. Lou watched her in shock as Niall pulled him from the room.

“Sammers?” I looked up to see Liam standing in front of me. At some point he had replaced Kate’s position in front of me. “We’ll talk later, okay? Right after the concert?” I nodded mutely. I knew he was worried that I was still mad at him, but I wasn’t. When I was yelling at Liam it was because I was afraid of what revealing my secret would mean. I could never be mad at Liam. He leaned down and gently kissed my lips before pulling back with a smile. “I love you.” He turned to grab Harry whose goodbye kisses to Carrie had steadily become a torrid makeout session.

“See you after the concert Care Bear!” Harry called out as Liam dragged him away.

“I’ll be watching Hazza!” Carrie called back with a flirtatious wave.

“So Carrie,” Ammie said with a goofy wink. “Are you and dear Hazza Bear officially an item?” I sighed and slumped onto the couch happy that the focus was off me for a little while. “Or are you just friends with benefits? And if so what kind of benefits?”