Chapter 12: I Said No Kissing!

[AN: Thank you to everyone for the truth and dare ideas! I used some but not all. This chapter is dedicated to my gal @Mrs_Payne1993 because she has had a very rough time lately. Virtual hugs times infinity for you sweets!]

LIAM’S POV              

I laughed as Sammy cheered for the start of the game. I would rather just sit and hold her close, but if she wanted to play truth or dare with the lads then I was in. I looked around the circle and realized that besides Sammy only Louis or Harry looked particularly excited about playing. Plus Annie looked like she had been crying.

“Sam,” I whispered into her ear. “Does Annie look upset to you?”

“Yeah,” Sammy whispered back. “She’ll let me know eventually what is going on. Just leave it be for now.” I nodded and laughed as Louis started bouncing in his seat on the floor. Nora was sitting next to him and rolled her eyes as he tried to lean his head on her shoulder. Nora moved her shoulder and Louis’ head fell into her lap. She absentmindedly started stroking his hair, but stopped when her gaze landed on Niall.

“What’s going on there?” I asked Sammy in a whisper as Nora shoved Louis away from her.

“I have an idea,” Sammy admitted. “We’ll talk about it later.”

“Louis!” Annie said softly. “Truth or dare?” I knew Louis would pick a dare. He always picks dare.

“Truth,” Louis says looking over at Nora.

“Umm…okay,” Annie said nervously. Obviously like everyone else she had been expecting him to say dare. “What’s your worst habit?”

“Umm...biting my nails,” Louis replied. [AN: Thank you Google!] I gulped nervously as Louis surveyed us all choosing his victim. “Liam, truth or dare.”

“Uh…” I looked over at Sammy who just smiled. I bet she was expecting me to pick truth. I always picked truth. I didn’t much care for the dares the lads came up with. The last time I had picked a dare I had ended up in a hotel hallway in my boxers.

“Truth, right?” Louis said not even waiting for my answer. “Okay so—“

“No!” I shouted for some reason. “I choose dare. Lay it on me.”

“Wow,” Harry said with a whistle. “I think Sams here is rubbing off on Daddy Direction.” Lou looked stymied as he tried to think up a dare for me. Then Harry’s eyes lit up. Oh no. This can’t be good. “Boo Bear I’ve got it!” Harry leaned over whispering in his ear.

“Isn’t there a rule where he can’t get help from others to come up with a dare?” I asked nervously.

“Stop worrying babe,” Samantha said from beside me. “It’s just a game.”

“Your dare is that you can’t kiss Sam for a whole day starting now,” Louis said with a delighted chuckle.

“T—That’s not fair!” I shouted out causing the whole group to burst out in laughter. “We just started dating!”

“Yeah,” Harry said with a smirk. “And the lovey dovey stuff was getting a little nauseating. We could all use a breather.”

“It’s okay babe,” Sammy said leaning in and kissing my cheek. “it’s only for a day.”

“Hey!” Louis shouted. “I said no kissing!”

“You said he couldn’t kiss me. You never said I couldn’t kiss him,” Sam shot back. I pumped my fist in triumph.