Chapter 17: A Crying Baby Penguin

[AN: Dedicated to Ammie who was getting a little tired of my sugar crazed fan depiction of her in this story. You are totally calm in this chapter....eventually....sort of. I have never met Ammie face to face so I hope she enjoys what I do with her character!]

[AMMIE’S POV]

I am having lunch with Niall Horan! I am having lunch with Niall James Horan of One Direction! I am having lunch with Niall James Horan of One Direction alone!!! Okay. Okay. Calm down brain. Stop spazzing out.  It will only scare Niall away. He can’t see you as the crazy girl who keeps freaking out whenever she is around One Direction! That already turned Liam off way quicker than I expected. He took it nicely enough, but he still clung to Sammy whenever I was in the same room.

“Are you going to eat that?” Niall asked breaking me free of my thoughts. I looked over to the carrot he was pointing at. I grabbed the carrot holding it close to my chest.

“Yes. You can’t have it,” I said a little too angrily. Yes. I loved carrots, but I liked them way before Louis’ declaration of his love for them.

“Oh, okay,” Niall said softly picking up his soda and draining the remains of it. Well now I felt bad. A smart person would have offered to share their carrot, right? I snapped it in half handing one half to Niall.

“You can have some,” I said. His eyes lit up, and I smiled. Who knew a vegetable could make one little Irish lad so happy?

“So,” he said around a mouthful of carrot, “It looks like everyone has abandoned us huh?” I nodded. What had started as lunch with the entire group had quickly ended up with everyone pairing off to go places. Nora begged off for work and Louis followed quickly despite her protests. Liam and Sammy had wandered off to have a little date. Christine had grabbed Annie, Zayn, and Nathan rushing them off to put some crazy “plan” into action. And Carrie and Harry well….

“I bet you Harry and Carrie are in the closet snogging this very minute,” I said with a giggle. They had spent the afternoon flirting until everyone had insisted they take it outside. Since we were all already outside having a mini picnic of sorts they had gone into the arena smirking and trading flirty looks.

“I love that their names rhyme,” Niall said with a smile. “It just makes it cuter.” It appeared that Niall was a romantic at heart. Of course the looks he had sent Nora hadn’t escaped my notice. “Do you believe in love at first sight Ammie?”

“W-what?” I asked feeling my face heat up. Why was he asking me questions like that?

“Like would you fall head over heels in love for someone after just seeing them?”

“Um…no. You have to get to know their personality. You can’t just fall for someone based on their looks.”

“Okay. What about love at first voice?” I raised a questioning eyebrow. “Like if you heard Justin Bieber’s voice for the first time singing would you need to hear more before totally falling for him?”

“Bieber? Ewww…no way is that ever happening.” [AN: She honestly cannot stand Bieber despite the fact that she seems to write herself into a lot of situations in her fan fiction with Justin coming to her rescue. I’m just saying that your friends are shipping Jammie for a reason sweets.]

“You. Don’t. Like. Justin. Bieber?” Niall asked slowly as if the very concept was foreign to him. “But he’s awesome!”

“Not to me. He’s just not my cup of tea, okay?” I swear he looked like I had killed his puppy or something. It’s not my fault. The Biebs just doesn’t appeal to me. I rustled in my purse until I found what I was looking for. “Want a cookie?” Niall burst into laughter as I held out the bag.