Chapter 7: Why Are We In A Closet?

[AN: This one is dedicated to @Thunder_head! It gets a little naughty so enjoy, I guess? Oh and when there are italics those are the lyrics to the song.]

Annie’s POV

[TWO DAYS LATER]

My phone chirped and I flicked through the piles of clothes on my bunk searching for it. Where was that damn thing? It had to be here if it chirped. My only problem was Louis kept stealing my phone to call Nora. Why he couldn’t use his own phone I don’t know. Probably because Nora was selective in answering any phone calls from Louis. She still felt compelled to answer if she saw it was Sammy or me on the line.

I finally found the phone inside the pocket of a sweater that Zayn had left behind last night. I fingered the fabric of the sweater recalling the night before. No, I said shaking myself awake. Do not do that Annie. It was a one time freak thing. I folded the sweater reminding myself that I should return it to him. I just had to return it when no one else was around. No one could know about last night.

I let my mind drift and memories of the night before came wafting over me. His hands on my face as he pulled me closer. The whisper of his breath against my lips. The feel of his tongue on mine. Shit. Shit. Shit. I am not doing this to myself. So Zayn and I had kissed once. Okay, several times, but it wasn’t going to happen again. We had agreed on that. We had just been caught up in the excitement of a completed concert.

[THE NIGHT BEFORE]

“You guys were awesome!” I squealed as the boys came towards us from backstage. Sammy jumped up and down beside me as the boys gave us hugs. I laughed when Sammy came face to face with Liam who blushed before stepping away mumbling something about getting a water. I traded looks with Niall who simply shrugged his shoulders. He had told us all about the conversation with Liam back on the bus. Then he had made us promise to let them work it out. Except neither one of them was stepping up to the plate. I had felt a tug on my arm, and before I knew it I was in a small closet with Zayn Malik.

“Hey Annners,” he said with a soft smile making my heart flutter.

“Zayn,” I said slowly hoping that I didn’t pass out from him being so close. “Why are we in a closet?”

“I wanted to talk with you.”

“And we couldn’t do that out there?”

“It’s just calmer in here,” he said sitting down on the floor. On impulse I sat down next to him. He stretched out in the cramped space resting his head on my lap. I gently touched his hair as he lay there on top of me. “So you liked the concert?”

“Of course. I’m a Directioner through and through. You guys were great tonight.”

“We’re great every night.” I chuckled and lightly tapped his cheek. “There was this one girl in the front row wearing a wedding dress and holding a sign asking me to marry her. It was sweet. Totally cuckoo, but still sweet.”

“Totally cuckoo.”

“I bet you would look hot in a wedding dress.” I froze. Zayn Malik, say what? Did he just admit to picturing me in a wedding dress?

“I bet you would look hot in a wedding dress, too,” I joked causing him to sit up. He looked mad. Had I said something wrong? “I was just kidding Zayn. I just tho—“ That was all I had managed to get out before his lips crushed themselves against mine. I gasped in shock and he took this as an invitation to slip his tongue into my mouth. His hands cradled my cheeks as we continued to kiss. It probably would have gone on for longer if my phone hadn’t interrupted us.