Chapter 2: I Want To Congratulate You

[AN: I tried to explain Wattpad to my sister today. Her response? "You have fans! I want fans!" :P]

Zayn’s POV

“ZAYN!” a voice called out as my bed rocked up and down. “ZAYN! WAKE UP!” I groaned and shoved my pillow over my face trying to get back to sleep. The voice continued on. “ZAYN! ZAYN! ZAYN! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” I moved the pillow and cracked open an eye to see Niall grinning down at me.

“Go away Ni!” I grumbled out shoving him off the bed. Undeterred he hopped back onto the bed again. I was going to kick his cute little Irish butt in a few seconds.

“Liam says you have to wake up NOW!” Niall whined bouncing once again on my bed.  I sat up and whacked him with my pillow. He just grinned back at me completely unfazed.

“Fine,” I sighed sitting up. “I’m awake. What time is it anyway?”

“Eight in the morning,” Niall replied happily.

“Are you freaking kidding me?!” I yelled. Niall flinched slightly, and I felt bad for about a nanosecond before my brain reminded me that he was the one responsible for waking me up at eight in the freaking morning! I had been out the night before and not gotten back to my flat until two in the morning. I glared at Niall when it finally hit me.

“What are you doing in my flat this early?” I asked. Louis and Harry lived together, but Niall, Liam, and I all had our own flats. They were all in the same complex, but I didn’t recall ever giving Niall a key to mine. “How did you even get in here?”

“I used the spare key you gave me,” a familiar, amused voice called out from my bedroom doorway. I looked up to see Liam smiling over at me and Niall.

“Damn it Li!” I spat out. “That key is for emergencies, not letting little leprechauns loose in my house!”

“Hey!” Niall said pretending to be offended. I stood up and made my way to the dresser to snag a t-shirt. I pulled it over my head before turning back to the boys.

“Don’t even think for a minute that I believe you’re offended Nialler,” I said crossing my arms over my chest. “You referred to yourself as a leprechaun last week.”

“It’s different when I say it,” Niall protested.

“So what did Liam promise you if you woke me up?” I asked. Liam raised an eyebrow, but he didn’t deny anything.

“Breakfast,” Niall said perkily. I groaned. Niall totally just sold me out for food. That boy always seems to listen to his stomach above all else.

“We need to all sit down and watch the contest videos,” Liam said authoritatively. "We fly out for the west coast tomorrow, and we have to choose someone tonight. Then we’ll fly into their hometown and pick them up.”

“We’re seriously going to let two wacko fans follow us around for a month?” I asked as I followed the boys downstairs.

“It’s not that bad,” Liam said sincerely. “The fans will have their own bus. It’s not like they’re staying in our bunks.”

“I wouldn’t mind if they’re cute!” I heard Harry add in as we came to my living room. I had a couch, a loveseat, and one chair. Leave it to Harry and Louis to be snuggled up together on the chair. Louis was playing with his curls as Harry smiled over at us. Niall lounged on the loveseat pulling a packet of crisps from his sweater. He always seemed to have a snack tucked away somewhere. Liam pushed me down onto the couch, and started up the computer on my coffee table.

“Just make yourselves at home,” I grumbled. Liam shot me a look and I sat back waiting for him to start playing the videos. He clicked on one and the screen popped up with two girls smiling at the screen. “Let’s just pick them,” I said.