Chapter 21: Hello! My Name Is Kate!

[AN: And Kate finally makes her appearance! Took me long enough. Thank you to Woolen_hat_girl for letting me use her as a character. Forgive me for anything I may make you say or do. Let the drama begin!]

[KATE’S POV]

Ouch. I think someone just pulled my hair. This was going to be harder than I thought. It had already taken me forever to find a parking space outside the arena. I had to walk eight blocks just to reach the arena itself. The concert wasn’t for another two hours so why was it so crowded now? I heard shouting as the security guards at the back door held fans back. Oh who am I kidding? This is a One Direction concert. Girls had probably been lining up outside the arena since this morning. I eyed the back door and slowly made my way through the crowd again. I could do this. I just had to get to the door and tell Andy who I was and he would let me in.

“Liam! Louis! Harry! Zayn! Niall! Notice me!” the girl next to me screamed into my ear. I was jostled as I made my way through the crowd. I breathed a sigh of relief as I finally made it to the front of the crowd. I was enough of a 1D fan that I could pick out Andy. I marched over to him my determination set on my face. I would finally be able to meet my sister. I would get to know Sammy.

“Hello! My name is Kate!” I said in a friendly manner. Andy looked at me with a smile.

“Nice to meet you Kate,” Andy said before turning back to survey the crowd. I mentally face palmed as I realized I needed to do more than say my name. I poked him in the arm to get his attention again. “Yes?”

“My name is Kate,” I repeated myself. “Liam said to come and tell you that so you can let me in.” He broke out in guffaws of laughter.

“Nice try kid,” he said with a chuckle. “Now go stand back with the rest of the fans.” No. He was supposed to let me through. Liam had said on the phone. I was supposed to meet Sammy finally. I felt myself begin to tear up. I was several feet from my sister. I couldn’t miss out on this chance.

“You have to let me in!” I said crying. “My sister is in there! This is my one chance to meet her! PLEASE!!!” Andy just stared at me confused as I continued to screech for him to let me in.

“My sister is in there too!” a random girl behind me shouted out. Soon they were all joining in. Thank you so much everyone. Now I was never getting in. I felt myself being pushed back into the crowd. Somehow I ended up at the back of the small, excited swarm being jostled and pushed as they all hurried forward. Someone’s arm came out and I was punched in the head in the excitement with something hard. As I blacked out I heard a voice shouting out.

“Geez Ammie! What did you hit her with?” a girl asked.

“My coke can,” another voice responded. “It was an accident Carrie.”

“Just help me get her to some medical help.” My eyes closed as the blackness took over.

[AN HOUR LATER]

“I swear my arm just flew out and clipped her with the coke can by accident,” the voice from earlier said from somewhere above me.

“I’m thirsty. Do you still have the can of coke?” a voice with an Irish accent asked. Wait. Irish accent?

“Niall focus here!” I flickered my eyes open to find that I was lying out on a couch with a few people standing over me. “Oh shit! She’s awake!” I focused my eyes on the girl who just spoke. This must be the person who hit me with her can of coke. I started to sit up, but the pain in the back of my head stopped me. “Yeah I would stay lying down. You were out of it for like an hour. I must have really smacked you with that can. My name’s Ammie by the way.”