Chapter 11: That is HARRY. FREAKING. STYLES!

[AN: I posted! Thank you to the lovely @sassmax for the character of Carrie! And thanks to OwlCity15 for the character of Christine! I need help from you at the end of the chapter! Read and see!]

[Moments Earlier]

[ZAYN’S POV]

“God damn it Christine!” I yelled at my cell phone as I held it to my ear. “Answer the damn phone!” I groaned as her voicemail came up again. I started to text her maniacally. Her best friend was in the middle of a crisis here. I needed her advice!

[ZAYN’S TEXT]: Chris, where r u? Pick UP UR PHONE!!!!!!!

I waited for what seemed like ages, but was probably only ten seconds or so.

[CHRISTINE’S TEXT]: Chill. I’ll call u l8r.

Later? Later?!? I was having a major life crisis right now!!!

[ZAYN’S TEXT]: Who is more important than ur best friend?

[CHRISTINE’S TEXT]: I’m headed out with Nathan.

Nathan? Nathan Kress? I stared at the phone for several minutes in shock. Is she dating him now? Geez. Take your friend to one taping of iCarly, and she leaves you for an actor. I knew they flirted and all, but I didn’t realize they were hanging out. It was another minute before I realized something else.

[ZAYN’S TEXT]: R u in LA?

[CHRISTINE’S TEXT]: Maybe.

[ZAYN]: [AN: Sorry. I was tired of writing “text.”] Our show in LA is 2morrow. Y didn’t u tell me?

[CHRISTINE]: Forgot?

I’m pretty sure that I growled at the phone by that point. Christine and I had been best friends since we were in third grade together. She’s the one who got me focused on style. If not for her I might not look this good today. I smirked to myself before typing on the phone again.

[ZAYN]: Liar. Tell Nathan 2 wait. I need u!!!

[CHRISTINE]: U will keep. Just say ur sorry 2 the girl til then.

“Damn it Christine!” I shouted at my phone.  Why does she always assume my problem involves some girl? Sure, it did this time, but that was just a lucky guess. I was so focused on my phone that I didn’t hear the click of her shoes until the last minute.

“Who’s Christine?” Annie’s soft voice called out from my side. I think I jumped ten feet in the air. I suppose I should have hidden a little better when I walked off the bus to get some fresh air. I had been standing directly behind the bus hunched over my phone for the past ten minutes. “Who is Christine?”

“Sh-she’s my--,” I stuttered out. What was it about this girl that made me completely lose control? Even now I wanted to push her up against the bus and kiss her senseless. No. Bad Zayn. You heard Nora. You’re not the kind of guy for Annie. She’s too sweet and innocent and--. My mind broke off as I began to recall the two of us earlier this morning. She had snuck into the bathroom when I was fixing my hair and kissed all down my spine. We had ended up with her sitting on the bathroom sink as I gave her another love bite on her collarbone.

“She’s your what?” Annie asked with a smirk. I felt my knees grow weak as I took in her smile. She had a scarf on despite it being nearly seventy degrees out. I knew she was using it to hide her hickeys from her sisters. Maybe I could do this. Maybe I could talk to a girl without having to think so hard. Maybe I didn’t need Christine.