Chapter 10

When I wake up I am shocked to discover that it is past twelve in the afternoon. I am not used to sleeping in so late and yet I can’t make myself feel guilty that I did. Extending my hearing throughout the house there isn’t a creak. My father will be at work and although mum doesn’t work anymore she volunteers at a human hospital most days. We are now in June which means that my brother will be at college, which is something I miss more then I care to admit to anyone, including myself. Alpha Miller had explained over breakfast that I was to no longer to attend classes, although after the tournament and at the end of the summer holidays we were to still have our exams. Yes, I fight for my life and how does he repay me? He reschedules my exams for in the holidays. The one plus side of this is the material on the test is only going to be on what I have already learnt this year, so that means the last part of my course has been cut out and I actually have less to revise. There had to be a silver lining somewhere right?

Stretching my limbs informs me that all soreness has gone and I fling myself out of bed and land hard on my feet to test my thigh. There isn’t even the slightest hint of pain and this puts a smile on my face as I go for a shower.

Once clean and feeling refreshed I check my phone and surely enough I have the time of the girly meet up in my inbox and a reminder that if I don’t show they will come and get me. Sticking my head out of the curtains I haven’t opened in two days I groan at the grey clouds that hang overhead and selfishly dampen everyone’s mood, so much for June being summer time.

Since I’m running out of time I tie my hair up in a high pony and apply a layer of mascara, nearly poking my eye out in my rush with the brush. I shove on a comfortable pair of jeans and a hoodie and pull on my beat up trainers. I’m going for comfort over style. I don’t look a mess but I won’t be gaining anyone’s attention either, I am only going to Mandy’s house after all.

The clock on my phone tells me that it is half one and I’m meant to be meeting everyone at Mandy’s house at two. Since Gray has the car I’m going to have to walk which means no matter what I do now I am going to be late. The girls won’t be too shocked about that but even so I decide to skip on food and pull a bag together, phone, money, Ipod and keys. Swinging my rucksack onto my shoulder I run downstairs and fling open the front door nearly running face first into the chest of someone, stopping short I swear under my breath.

“Little eager aren’t you? I hadn’t even knocked yet.” Groaning I look up into the greenest eyes I have ever seen, but I don’t give myself time to get lost in them as I attempt to think of some witty reply.

I failed. “Seriously, you again? When will my torment end?” Liam feigns hurt and the corners of his mouth flick up into a slight smile, his outfit is casual, a white t-shirt with a blue zippy hoodie, a pair of jeans that accentuate his long legs and a baseball cap that shadows the top part of his head, in my comfy clothes I look frumpy he just looks like a movie star. And this makes me tug at my own hoodie.

“Well that was just bitchy. Can’t you be civil for even a moment? I really question your upbringing”

“Well don’t because if you disrespect my parents I’ll kick you off my doorstep and all the way down the driveway.” He smirks as his eyes travel up and down my body sizing me up and causing my skin to tingle.

“I’d love to see you try. But now that you mention disrespect, disrespect your parents like you disrespected mine and also disrespected me yesterday?” I blush at the reminder.

“Hunter ratted me out quickly.” I retort staying strong.

“Yeah well he knows where his loyalties lie, I don’t think I can say the same about you.” I bristle at the insult, of course I am loyal to the pack, just not its future leader. Loyalty is earned after all.