Chapter 12

“Who were the creators of the original six Greek Gods?”

“Kronos and Rheia.”

“Who were both?”

“Titans.”

“Very good. Who was the winged horse Pegasos usually depicted with?”

“Bellerophon”

“Last question: Which God is said to have been born from the head of Zeus.”

“Athene.” My mother closes the book in front of her and smiles up at me.

“You really know your stuff, time for lunch then.” She says getting to her feet and moving from the table to the kitchen area. “What do you fancy?” For the past few days mum had taken it upon herself to tutor me on the things that would be on the tests I am to take in the summer. Greek mythology is one of the topics that will be appearing on my history exam alongside the history of shifters and also the Second World War. Out of these topics Greek mythology is my favourite by far and is actually really interesting.

“Feta cheese and tomato?” I ask with a hopeful grin.

“On a sandwich?” She asks back giving me a strange look.

“Please.” She sighs but begins to make it.

“Your eating habits are getting stranger. Feta cheese and tomato in a salad sure, but on a sandwich? You’re not pregnant are you?” She pulls a face at me. Over the years as I had grown up and started to do my own thing I had forgotten how fun it was just to hang out with my mum. “So what are your plans for the week?” She questions as she places my sandwich in front of me and sits back in her seat with her own plain ham sandwich.

“Tomorrow I haven’t got anything planned, Friday morning dad has me training.” I say with a slight grumble. “Friday night I have my one on one with Liam and then there is a party I want to go to. Why?”

“Just taking an interest.” For a moment she looks like she might want to say something about the party but she holds back knowing that now I am eighteen she has to give me a lot more free reign then she is used to. She shrugs taking a bite of her sandwich. “You and your brother don’t tell me anything these days.” We laps back into silence and I don’t offer any more information essentially backing up what she had just said. “How did the one on one yesterday go?” She asks nonchalantly but I see right through her.

“You have been dying to ask that haven’t you? I’m actually surprised that you haven’t already.”

“I didn’t want to bombard you with questions, I knew your friends had been doing that all yesterday anyway.” She’s right, I had spoken to each of them in turn answering their questions and reciting what Liam and I had done during our time together. I have to say that my meeting with Liam seemed a lot more relaxed than Nickie’s.

“It was alright. Have you ever been in the Pack House, other than the meeting room?” She shakes her head. “It’s amazing and so pretty. There is artwork everywhere and the whole place is like a scene out of Pride and Prejudice.” I am forced to take a breath which just shows how excited I am to talk about the magnificent house. “Until you look into Liam’s rooms though, the one we went in was extremely modern. Huge T.V., fridge, cooker, he never has to leave his wing of the house. It wouldn’t surprise me if the family don’t eat together… or ever see each other.”

“You went into his room?” My mum seems shocked and I have to stifle a giggle even if I can’t stop myself from smiling.

“Not his actual room, he has the whole west wing to himself, which basically equals four rooms. His bedroom, bathroom, lounge/ kitchen area and one other room that he didn’t explain. We were in the lounge room.” She still looks doubtful. “Don’t worry mum all the girls will be taken there, Mandy was and Nickie, he gave me a really rehearsed speech about staying away from his private rooms, like I would want to go sneaking around.”