Chapter 9

Later that same day, just hours after getting home, I find sleep impossible and I put it down to either my power nap in the woods or the fact that the sun is up and my curtains do very little to block it out, instead I claim the rest of the day as my lazy day. There will be no training and no physical exertion and my family accept this and are leaving me alone to just enjoy my own company Well at least I thought they were.

 I’m sat in my double bed wrapped up in my duvet and still in pyjamas, which consist of a large black t-shirt (stolen from my dad’s stock of training t-shirts that are handed out to the recruits) and a pair of soft short shorts. There is a gentle knock on my door and I tear my eyes away from my computer long enough to announce that the person can enter. My mum pokes her head round the door and looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Still in bed then?”

“Got a problem?” I say with an over the top mock frown so she knows that I don’t mean it disrespectfully.

“No actually, for today I don’t have a problem, but is this all you’re going to do then?”

“Yep, I’ve only had like four hours sleep since I got home, and I don’t plan to move until tomorrow, so issuing orders will be futile.” With that I turn my attention back to my computer and the Wattpad story that I am engrossed in.

“What if I said Hunter was downstairs?” That successfully gets my attention.

“Well is he downstairs?”

“Yes.”

“Then I would say send him up?”

“Looking that like?”

“Yes.” She sighs and turns to leave. “At least pull a brush through your hair.” As soon as the door is closed I jump up pull my top of put a bra on and slide a slightly better fitting top back on, then instead of brushing my hair I tie it up in a bobble, just to tame the mess, and scoot back under my covers to envelope myself in the warmth, a couple of seconds later comes another knock on my door.

“Come in.” Just like my mum Hunter sticks his head around my door at smiles at me.

“You know it is like half three in the afternoon right?” He asks.

“You do know I fought for my life like all night last night right?” I retort. He shrugs his shoulders and travels the distance across my room to stand at the end of my bed, whilst I make room for him by putting my laptop on the floor. “Besides I have only had like four hours sleep. Make yourself comfortable.” I say indicating the bed and curling my legs up around myself to give him more space. Once we are both comfortable and he has stolen a few of my pillows to prop up behind his back we lapse into a comfortable silence in which I look at him and he looks around my room, he has never been in here before and I begin to feel paranoid about the mess, the old photos, the cuddly toy selection… well actually I start to feel embarrassed about my whole room and all that is in it.

The walls are light green, the carpet is cream and the curtains match, the bed has cream sheets and my duvet is a selection of greens and browns, all encased in a dark wooden frame . In theme it would appear like a quite grown up room, however I have soft toys everywhere, stacks of books on the floor some read some not, there are clothes flung in every direction and I have posters of people like Alex Skarsgard, Ian Somerhalder and Chris Hemsworth, it is this part of my room that makes me nervous. So doing what comes naturally I resort to babbling like an idiot “To what do I owe this please to my humble abode? I think any more sudden appearances from you and my mother might have a heart attack.”

“Just thought I would stop by, get away from home, see how you are doing, spill my knowledge of what’s going to be happening over the next month.” He says shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.