5 • garages + guitar riffs

{4 days later, ryan's pov}

i heard my phone buzz while i was working on the pre-chorus for camisado.

brendon hey, do you want to come over and play some music?

ryan sure, i'll be over in 5 :)

i grab my guitar and songbook before i leave to brendon's. as i walk down the street, i feel a couple of droplets, rain. good thing my guitar is in a case, along with the songbook. for the first time in forever, i start to jog as the couple of droplets turn into a sprinkle, and into a downpour. by the time i reach brendon's house, i'm soaked. my durable plastic guitar case has droplets all over it as well.

i knock on the door and brendon opens the door almost immediately. "hey, sorry i'm soaked it started raining on me" i explain. brendon pulls me inside and i take off my shoes at the front door. my socks are slightly damp, which is a surprise to me. brendon leads me to his room and he opens his closet, throwing a hoodie and jeans at me. "here's some dry clothes you can borrow"

i toss my cold, wet sweatshirt off and throw on brendon's hoodie, which is warm and has an indescribable scent. i switch into brendon's black skinny jeans, which fit me just right somehow. a "thank you" rolls off my tongue in a whisper and brendon just gives me a smile in return. that damn smile kills me every time.

"shall we continue the making of the only
d-difference between martyrdom and suicide is press c-coverage? i have an idea for the
g-guitar riffs..." brendon stuttered. i never noticed him having a stutter. weird. i grab my guitar and songbook as brendon leads me to the garage, where i was introduced to an amusing sight. the garage is empty, except for a drumset, a piano, a bass guitar, and a few other guitars. "wow brendon, this is a cool place" i blurted, still in amusement. "yeah, we don't really use this garage very much, so i kinda turned it into a room to play music in" he explained, "we have a three car garage, but the other two spaces are separated by this wall." i pondered for awhile thinking for a response and shrugged, "huh... that's interesting."

after the small chat, brendon grabs his guitar, which was a telecaster deluxe, one of the guitars i'm saving up for. "this is what i have in mind" he says right before he starts to play an interesting riff i instantly fall in love with. "brendon... i love it!" i exclaim, flashing a grateful smile. he grins back and replies "wow thanks... i really appreciate that. do you wanna put the riff together with your lyrics and see how it sounds?"

after about 45 minutes of attempting to put the two together, we finally made it work. by the expression on brendon's face, we were both surprised at our creation. "damn, that was amazing!" brendon started, "i was wondering this earlier... what's in your notebook?" damnit, now i'll have to reveal my talent for songwriting. but who knows, we could turn these into great songs. "um, i've kinda been working on some other songs for the past few months... but i haven't finished them yet." i explained as my cheeks flushed a shade pink.
"that's awesome! you should show me one some time when you finish and maybe we can write something with spencer!" brendon suggested. i nod in agreement.

{584 words}

i'm planning a part two to this chapter! so basically chapter 6 will just be an add on to this. i also plan to move through the story quicker, and not have 5+ chapters revolve around one week.

sorry i'm posting this two days late, i forgot. i will probably start posting every other friday due to school starting in a few days.