12 • the blackmail

{ryan's pov}

{ryan's pov}

there are two things i need to tell brendon. one, kenny blackmailed me. and two, my love for him. who knows what his reaction to either thing will be. i need to tell someone about this.

i pick up my phone and dial spencer's number. it rings three times and he picks up. "ryan?"

"spencer, please come over now. i need to tell you something." i say as i'm shaking terribly.

not too long after calling, spencer burst through the door. "ry, are you okay?"

"kinda. but i need to tell you something before i spill the tea, and please don't tell anyone," i explain. "i'm gay."

a smile of acceptance grows onto spencer's face as he says the words "i accept you ryan." as he gives me a hug.

"okay there's more" i start. "so there's this guy in my gym class and lunch period, kenny. he followed me here from my last school and he also knows i'm gay. brendon and i have avoided him as much as possible during lunch and now he's blackmailing me." i started to break down. "he said if i don't make out with him he'll tell the whole school about me being gay."

spencer now looked like he wanted to kill a bitch. "that asshole! what does he look like and where can i find him?" he asks me.

"he's a tad but shorter than brendon, light brown hair and i think he has hazelish eyes." i listed.

"how long has he been at our school?" he asked.

"about 4 to 5 weeks" spencer nodded in return.

"you need to tell brendon about this." spencer states. yeah, i really do.

"should we call him to come over here?" i asks. spencer insists on it. i dial brendon and tell him to come over as soon as possible.

a couple minutes later, brendon walks through the door. i'm still very shaken up, and he can see that. "ry, are you okay? what happened?" i feel brendon sit beside me and put his arm around me.

"k-kenny blackmailed me. the same day we kinda pushed him away. i either have to make out with him or he'll tell the whole school that i'm gay." i spat out, bursting into more tears than i was already.

brendon was starting to turn red, the same expression spencer had when i told him. "kenny that son of a bitch!" he yelled. luckily my mom wasn't home to hear that. "i want to kill that fucker!"

brendon was not having it with kenny. from what i can see, brendon and spencer hate his guts. "what should i do?" i choked out. "kenny wants an answer in by the end of next week!"

"i don't want you to make out with him just to keep a secret. but spencer and i can try to sort this out. but for now, do you wanna play some music together. you can get your mind off of kenny." brendon suggested. i nodded and we went to the garage to play some songs, including some that i've finished overtime.

~

{517 words}

brendon, ryan and spencer are still playing and they're starting to write more songs by now. i'll probably add jon in later in the plot.