Chapter 35 part 1

Soooo sorry for not updating in forever! Here's a long chapter to make up for it(:

Sophie's pov-

"Why I found out doesn't matter, it's how I found out" carter muttered looking out the window

"How did you find out?" I asked breathlessly. at this moment it felt like all the air in the car was taken away.

"Not from you" he said. His eyes locked with mine.

"When it happened you and I weren't even close" I explain "and when we did get close what happened didn't even matter anymore" I say but it hurts to say the words. I've tried so hard to forget what happened, I've been doing great. I haven't even thought about that night or that guy.. Since freshman year.

"Okay you weren't close with me fine, but what about dad or your mom? What about the police!? You just let this go? That guy has been running around do who knows what with who knows how many girls because you didn't go to the police!" He yelled at me. I noticed how his fingers were squeezed tightly into a fist making his knuckles turn white.

I've never seen carter so angry before.

"Carter it's not that simple okay! You don't know how I felt after it happened! I was afraid! I was afraid Dana would leave me because I wasn't a virgin," I yelled at him he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off "I was afraid that my mom and dad would be disgusted by me and disappointed that I snuck out and got myself raped! I was afraid everyone would think I was gross and would think of me differently!"

"Sophie.." He stayed quiet "I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm sorry you felt like you couldn't tell anyone" he whispered and leaned over wrapped his arms around me, I returned the hug. "Now please, Stop crying" carter pleaded pulling back from the hug only to wipe away the tears that I hadn't noticed were rolling down my cheeks.

"Where's Bailey? Didn't you take her on a date?" I ask remembering him mentioning taking Bailey somewhere.

"Bailey! She's at the hospital" he tells me panicky

"Whoa wait! Hospital? What happened?" I asked starting my car

"Uh.. The guy that-you know. He was at the party an Bailey was drugged and he tried to take her with him" carter explained and I'm sure all the color in my face drained. That guy.. He was at the party? Did Dana hurt him? Is that why he has assault charges on him?

"What did Dana do to him?" I asked not sure if Dana really did get charges on him for fighting the guy but in taking a guess. When Dana walks in right after Ben pulled that guy off me he looked so angry at me but when he found out the guy was forcing himself on me.. I was terrified Dana was going to murder the guy.

"Take a guess" carter said as I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital

"How bad was it?" I asked afraid of the answer

"He didn't kill him or anything Sophie! the guys lucky Dana didn't kill him" carter snapped

•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•|

Jace pov-

I just got out the shower and was running my fingers through my wet hair trying to get it to spike up, when my mom yelled for me. I opened the door to reply to her.

"Yeah?" I called out I to the hallway, he door opened and she walked out.

"Where are you going?" She asked eyeing my outfit

"No where" I answered a smirk on my lips as I ran my fingers through my hair again. I took one more glance into the mirror before walking passed my mom out the bathroom and down the stairs.