Chapter 43

Jace's pov-

I pulled raven out of the house before my mom could say anything else or ask any other questions that I did not want to answer.

"You're moms nice" raven said and I rolled my eyes. My mom is cool as hell but sometimes she is just down right annoying.
~•~•|•|

I pulled into the parking lot right beside my best friend, Bennie boy. He was just getting out of his car and I gave him a smile when I saw he seen me. He didn't return my friendly smile and that's made me laugh. I don't know who hates me more anymore, there's a list and it's like everyone on it is tied in first.

"So what happens?" Raven suddenly asked and I looked over to her with confusion. I had no idea what she was talking about. " I lost. you took my bracelet, is there like a ceremony or something now?" She asked

"Honestly I don't even know how this game works. I'm lucky I knew how to take the bracelet off" I tell her before opening my car door but she remained in her seat. I ducked my head back into the car "what's up rav" I asked and she turned to me with those bright eyes the one stuck out even more with the dark ring around it.

"Look at me, people are going to talk. They are going make stuff up and what do I say when they ask? I can't lie.. I'm a horrible liar" she told me and I frowned at her expression.

"Raven, you look beautiful even with those bruises from the asshole and you let me handle everything else," I said before shutting my door and walking over to hers. I opened her door and she looked up to me with uncertainty. "Hey, rule number one in the book of Jace Allen when I say something I mean it. I got your back babe" I gave her another smile and she watched my face for a while before flashing a small smile too. I offered my hand and she took it as she stepped out the car. I could already fill eyes on us as I walked beside her. I know they weren't only watching us because of the marks on raven but because of the way my arm was wrapped around her shoulders as we walked.

What I said to raven about protecting her was the absolute truth. I won't let anyone say shit about her or to her but what I said about the book of Jace Allen and if I say I mean isn't exactly correct. I do mostly say what I mean except for last night but I lied for a good cause.

"Everyone is looking at me," raven whispered to me

"They are looking at us not you" I inform her and she looks around shyly as she clings closer to me. The hallways were filled with eyes on us and I could tell the way it made raven uncomfortable. "Yo take your eyes off us or I'll take your eyes off your body!" I snapped at everyone in the hallways and they all turned away from us.

"I'm going to class now" raven told me as she pulled from under my arm.

"Want me to walk you?" I asked unsure what she wanted me to do at this point. She shook her head but gave me a smile. "Thank you" she said before leaning up and kissing me quickly on the cheek.

"So you and raven?" I heard the oh so annoying voice of my least favorite person.

"What about us? Dirty bail" I asked with annoyance and she glared at me.

"Your a thing now? And you two obviously had sex, her bracelets gone" she pointed out and it honestly just pissed me off that she was watching us so intently that she noticed her bracelet wasn't on her wrist.

"Well yeah we had sex," I say "but no we aren't dating or anything, she had a really bad day yesterday so I'm just being there for her today" I explain even though I know I don't have to.

"What happened to her? I mean was she jumped or something?" Bailey nosily asked and I rolled my eyes

"That's none of your business, God are always such a nosey bitch?" I snapped

"Wow for you saying you two are nothing you sure aren't acting like it. Maybe next time you lie you can try harder not let your feelings show to much because with such a see through shell like that you'll be out this game before it's even over" Bailey smirked "so much for you wining this year huh? You'll be tamed within a month," she gave me a glare of hatred as if she was angry then she turned on her heel and walked away smacking me with the ends of her long hair.

"Oh yeah well your... A slut and you'll be out-" she already gone and my lame comeback wasn't helping any. I don't have feelings for raven, I just want to protect her. She's so quiet and I know she won't stand up for herself so I have to do it. She just reminds me of expensive China, you need to keep it hidden away even though it might not get broke there's still the chance it could be dropped and shattered.

So I'll keep my expensive China in its protective case to hide it away just in case she's dropped and broken.

I saw the blond hair from clear down the hallway l, it swayed side to side next to another taller blonde. I walked down to catch up with two and when I got beside Mari she huffed before trying to walk faster not even bothering to wait for jade.

I decided to just let Mari go on her speed walk I'd catch her later wether she wants me to or not. Jade turned her head and watched me as I walked beside her.

"What?" I asked looking over to her and she didn't bother to move her gaze from my face. She had her lips formed in A frown.

"I see your new girl toy, are you guys a thing now or something she was wearing your hoodie!" jade snapped at me which caught me completely off guard.

I don't know why but I wanted to say yes we are. I didn't want to agree because I wanted to be with raven I wanted to see her reaction, I wanted to see if she would get hurt from seeing me with another girl, on a serious level not like with Mari where I'm just trying to have sex.

"No, we aren't. She had a bad day yesterday I'm there for her today" I said and her features lightened

"Good," was all she said before flashing me a smile and walking away from me. My heart sped up from just that tiny word, it could mean absolutely nothing but to me it opened up a lot. I hate that bitch but just that little slice of jealousy I know she had for that time she believed raven and I were a thing made my blood rush. I smirked as I walked to class it put me in a much better mood.