Chapter 2: Momo's Visitor

Momo Hinamori bustled about the house; preparing dinner and cleaning up dirty dishes. She checked her lasagna and took it out; inhaling the scent as she set it down on the table to cool. She smiled a proud smile. This was the first time she made this dinner.

"It smells so great!" she chirped to herself as she got the cups out. "I'm glad Ichigo doesn't have to work late. It's been far too long since we've had a nice dinner together."

She poured the drinks and put the pitcher up. She suddenly frowned and whipped her head toward the wingow. A lean figure was propped against the window and stared at her intently. He smirked.

"Hello Hinamori-chan."

"So you are here..." Momo muttered loud enough for him to hear.

The man scoffed. "Yep. I am."

"You shouldn't be hear." she said and turned to him fully. "You have it."

"Are you scared?"

"About what?"

The man smirked and looked at her. "That I'll complete your job. Or are you worried about them?"

Momo bit her lip. "Listen, don't make the wrong choice." she warned. "What you'll do will determine if his race will survive or not."

"Right Momo, but of course. We mages can't have demons running around killing people, right?"

"He's not a demon." Momo growled.

The man laughed. "Ahh, but you saw what happened that day. The kid at the soccer park?"

"Shut up... Are you gonna turn him?" Momo asked.

The man looked away in thought.

"You guys used to be friends..."

"Used to be, Momo. Used to be."

"This could affect your relationship even more. He never wronged you in any way."

"You don't know the whole story, Hinamori."

There was silence in the room.

"Go away... There comming."

The man smirked. "I'll give you a few days to tell them. I can atleast be that nice to my old classmate." He then disappeared and left Momo alone.

She looked away and sighed. "Why did you come back, Kusaka. What do you want to accomplish by doing this?"