Eternal Darkness Chapter 1: The Beginning

"Kurosaki-kun! Kurosaki-kun!"

Ichigo Kurosaki, head of the Kurosaki Clinic, turned and slowed his walking to let his assistant, Orihime Inoue, catch up with him. He closed his folder, to give Orihime his full attention.

"Hey Orihime." Ichigo greeted.

"Good Morning sir. How are you doing this morning?" Orihime asked.

"Just fine; but the morning's got me really busy today." Ichigo sighed running a hand through his long-ish, orange hair.

Orihime laughed."Well, don't worry about it too much. A lot of people will be going home today."

"That means things'll settle and I get off on time." Ichigo cheered, throwing a mini fist in the air.

Orihime giggled."That's right."

"Did he come pick up his stuff?" Ichigo asked lowering to a whisper.

"Oh, no not yet." Orihime sighed.

"Well, go put his things in the bottom of my drawer. I've got things to go do with this person." Ichigo said opening his folder.

"Okay. Bye."

"Later."

Ichigo flopped in his chair, loosened his tie, turned on the fan and relaxed. He looked at the folder and sighed, throwing the folder aside.

"He should be out in a few days..."

There was a knock on the door. Ichigo fixed himself and stood up. "Come in."

The door opened and a young man came in. He had white hair and turquoise eyes. He smiled. "Hey Ichigo."

Ichigo smiled."Hey Toshiro."

They gave each other a hug. Ichigo kissed him on the cheek.

"Came to get your blood substitute?" Ichigo asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." Toshiro mocked rolling his eyes.

"Really? So you didn't come to see me?" Ichigo pouted as pathetically as he could.

Toshiro Hitsugaya sighed. "I also came to see you too, Ichi."

Ichigo smiled. "Yay."

Toshiro scoffed. "You are such a kid. You would make a ridiculous dad."

"Whatever. Not like we can have any anyways." Ichigo shrugged. "Right?"

"Duh." Toshiro mocked again. "Can I get my stuff now?"

Ichigo went behind his desk and grabbed the brown paper bag. He handed it to him. "Here. I added some of my blood, so it should taste better than it did last time."

Toshiro nodded. "It tasted like raw fish."

"Look, a fisherman donated his blood so..." Ichigo rubbed his head.

"Ahh, so who donated this time?" the vampire asked.

"Orihime and I did." Ichigo said.

Toshiro nodded."Much better." Toshiro looked around. "Are you getting off om time today?"

Ichigo sighed. "Well it all depends... I think so. If not then around ten-ish..."

Toshiro nodded. "Alright. I guess I'll leave then."

Ichigo nodded. "Okay, Yuki-ouji."

Toshiro blushed at the familiar teen-hood nickname and closed the door behind him. He walked out into the summer heat; it was around July. It felt nice to Toshiro to be out in the sun instead of being cooped up in the house like he normally is on days like this. He started on his way home walking slowly as to try to stay out a little longer.

Toshiro frowned. His nose had picked up an odd scent and disappeared as soon as he turned to it. He pierced his lips together and continued walking, letting the weird situation go, instead of perusing it.

But in the shadows, a man smirked cunningly.

"Ahh, Toshiro. You grow too slow... You hadn't really changed a bit, have you?"

He sat down, blending with the shadows.

"Just wait a bit longer... A bit longer..."