Chapter 14: The Rescue

Ichigo nearly fell down the stairs putting on his shoes and coat at the same time. He rushed out the door without telling his family about what was happening. He stole down the street to Toshiro's house and bust open the door. All he saw was a figure coughing and pulling at something in it's chest. It looked up and whispered the words...

"Help me Ichigo..."

Ichigo turned on the lights and gasped."Toshiro!"

"Help me you dummy! I'm dying..."

Ichigo pulled it out and Toshiro took in a large gasp. He coughed and gripped at his chest. "Those vampires will pay..."

"What happened? What was that?" Ichigo asked. He looked at it and shook his head. "A steak? Toshiro, what happened?"

"I was attacked. They took Momo and Granny." Toshiro said getting up.

"Toshiro... I felt your pain..." Ichigo said, helping Toshiro up. "What does that mean?"

Toshiro looked away. "I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair. "Ichigo, I need your help."

"What for?"

Toshiro gave him a look. "To eat the world's largest hot dog."

Ichigo frowned. "Sorry..."

"I need to get my family back. Now." Toshiro got up. "Do you have anything to fight with?"

Ichigo nodded.

"How soon can you meet me at the ware houses?"

"As soon as I can locate my sword."

Toshiro sighed. "Alright then. Are you going to help me?"

"Why not? You're my boyfriend. If your family's in trouble then mine is too." Ichigo said running out the door.

Toshiro smiled and extended his wings, flying out the door.