Chapter 5: Kusaka's Plan

Toshiro couldn't believe his eyes. Never in a million years (which is a long time for vampires) would he have believed that his old friend would ever come to visit him. Kusaka didn't look like the little eight year old he used to be when he left for the Mage's University. Twenty-four years does wonders to a person.

Kusaka chuckled lightly."So you do remember me. Looks like I didn't change much then." He put his head behind his head bending over lightly.

Toshiro smiled at his goofy friend. "No, actually you did change, Kusaka. A lot really."Toshiro stepped aside to allow his friend inside. "How was it at the academy? Did you have fun?"

"It was great. I learned a lot of magic. I missed you and Momo-san actually." Kusaka said taking a seat.

"When did you get out?"

"A few weeks ago." Kusaka looked around. "Quite large for one so little." He stiffed a small laugh as Toshiro's face turned red.

"I-I don't live by myself. I live with my husband, Ichigo Kurosaki." he said playing with his wedding ring. "We got married two years ago."

"Oh." Kusaka turned away. "I could just imagine! Tiny Toshiro, wearing a small blue wedding dress, being lead down by Ichigo's father-"

Toshiro turned a bright red." I was not going to wear a dress! And I'm not Tiny Toshiro! I'm not really tiny any more."

Kusaka looked as his friend. "Indeed Toshiro. You're a little taller and wider, but not by much. Seems like the person you feed from has good taste."

Just then the door opened and a tired Ichigo stumbled through the door. Toshiro looked at him as he put his things away.

"Hello, Ichigo."

"Hey Yu-" Ichigo stopped mid-sentence. "Umm.. Toshiro?"

Toshiro looked at Kusaka. "Ichigo, this is my friend Kusaka. He used to live with Granny, Momo and me when we were little."

"Nice to meet you, Ichigo." Kusaka said waving.

"Hey." Ichigo said with a small smile.

"By the way, how is Granny and Momo?" Kusaka asked.

Toshiro looked down, biting lightly on his lower lip. "Momo is fine, I suppose. But Granny is dead."

"Oh... I heard the thing with Aizen and Gin. Those ruthless scumbags."

"It's fine... I've taken care of them." Toshiro said.

"Great." Kusaka looked out the window. "I'll have to go find a hotel to stay at again."

Ichigo looked at Kusaka. "Do you want to stay here? We have an extra room you can use for the night."

Kusaka smiled."Thank you for your kindness Ichigo. By the way, you do know about Toshiro's little secret, don't you?"

"I already know he's a vampire." Ichigo said rubbing absently on his neck.

"Really? And you accept that?" Kusaka asked, with a mock shocked expression.

"Yeah. I know he loves me and that's all that should matter." Ichigo said seriously.

Toshiro blushed. "I'll go set up the room for you. Ichigo, we need food supplies."

"Again? I went yesterday." Ichigo whined.

"Ichigo, do you know how much food you consume in one day?" Toshiro asked. "You eat as much as I do."

"You don't eat a lot." Ichigo pointed out. "You only drink two packs a day. And rarely three, unless you're in a bad mood."

Toshiro huffed. "Anyways, the food in the fridge isn't what I want to cook today, so I need you to run and go get them."

Kusaka looked back and forth. "Umm, it's fine Toshiro. I'll settle for a sandwich and some chips."

Ichigo looked at Kusaka and sighed. "No it's fine. I'll go get them, it's no problem."

Toshiro sighed and marched up the stairs. Ichigo grabbed an umbrella and walked out, leaving Kusaka alone with Toshiro. The mage smirked with content.

"Well then, let's see how this all plays out, shall we?" Kusaka asked himself. "Toshiro." He walked upstairs behind the boy and watched as he spread out the covers and set up the pillows. The white haired male turned and nearly jumped out his skin.

"God! Don't do that Kusaka!" Toshiro yelled grabbing his chest.

"Sorry. Can we talk outside?"

Toshiro frowned. "Well, actually, I've developed a dislike for the rain and rainy weather. Cloudy is no better."

"Please Shiro? Just for a little?" Kusaka pleaded.

Toshiro gave him a large sigh. "Fine. Whatever."

~~~~~

Ichigo looked up and down the aisles and found things he knew Toshiro liked to cook when guests are over. He didn't particularly watched where he was going and bumped into another shopper. He looked and smiled.

"Hey Momo-san!"

"Good afternoon Ichigo. What'cha in the shop for?" Momo asked peering into his cart.

"Well, Toshiro and I have a guest and he's staying over for the night. You know him. It's... " Ichigo paused to think for a moment. "Uh...Ku..Kusaka? Kusaka I think."

Momo gasped and covered her mouth. "You said Kusaka was at your house? Is he alone with Toshiro?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Ichigo, go home... Go home right now! Toshiro is in trouble!"

~~~~

Toshiro sighed and ran a hand through his head. "Can we speed this up? I don't like being caught in the rain."

"Toshiro, do you know who you are?" Kusaka asked. "And don't say-"

"Are you talking about me being a demon vampire?" Toshiro interrupted. "Yes I do."

"Oh? And I'm guessing Gin told you this?" Kusaka asked.

"Don't talk about him. what is it that you are implying Kusaka? I already know what I am." Toshiro growled.

"Does Ichigo know?"

Toshiro bit his lip. "Why?" His eyes widened. "Wait. Don't tell me you have the staff?"

Kusaka pulled it from his back and it expanded. "Toshiro. You and Ichigo prepare for your worst fate!"

Kusaka grabbed Toshiro by the neck and held the staff to the sky. Toshiro squirmed and kicked, but Kusaka took the hits like they were nothing. The ruby in the staff shattered and Kusaka dropped the choking Toshiro on the floor. He grabbed for his throat and coughed his skin hissing and smoke emitting from him. Toshiro growled and clutched tightly to his body. His wings ripped from his back and claws shot from his hands. He roared and glared at Kusaka, his eyes were glowing a bright purple. Rain started to pour down heavily.

"Why did you do this? I could have lived my life normally!" Toshiro shouted, his voice nearly drowning out the sound of the rain.

"Normally how, Toshiro?" Kusaka said. "You are a vampire. your life was never normal."

"Why you-!"

"T-Toshiro...?"

Toshiro turned and looked at a drenched Ichigo. He looked down. "Ichigo?"

"Toshiro.. what...what are you?"

Toshiro bit his lip and flexed his wings and took off. "You'll never accept me for what I am!"

Ichigo fell to his knees."Toshiro..?"