Chapter 3: Bite me, or Spare me

Toshiro walked back to campus and to his locker to grab his next class was reading class, and it was his favorite subject. He walked straight into the room and found it was empty, but that just meant less people to make him crazy right? He took the window seat and stared out the window.

'I wonder if Momo and Granny are alright... I can't really sniff them out from here...' Toshiro thought to himself.

"Hey Toshiro!"

Said silverette jumped and glared into a pair of muddy brown eyes that reflected some sense of joy. He blinked, trying to remember the kid's name, then cleared his throat.

"Hi Kurosaki. And I would rather you address me as 'Hitsugaya-san' instead of 'Toshiro'." the boy said. "Why are you talking to me anyways?"

Ichigo gave Toshiro a lop-sided smile and shrugged."I dunno." he responded. "I saw you in here and wanted to talk."

Toshiro raised his brow."What ever." he said, hoping Ichigo would drop the conversation.

But no, he wouldn't.

"So do you play soccer?" the carrot top asked.

Toshiro mentally cursed to himself, and sighed. "No. But I used to, until my cousin broke her knee."

"Oh, sorry to hear that. Is she okay now?"

"Yeah. Could you go away? I'd like to think about some things."

"Ahh, sure." Ichigo mummbled."Sorry."

Toshiro sighed and turned away. He thought about what his cousin said just before she dropped him off.

"Make friends Shiro-chan. Someone will love you for who you are, trust me."

"Fine what ever..."

He wasn't exactly sure what he could say to Kurosaki, but one way or another, he needed to satisfy his growing hunger pangs before they got worse, and Ichigo would end up his victim and not a supplier. Toshiro sighed again and turned to Ichigo."Hey Kurosaki."

Ichigo turned around with a look that resembled a deer in headlights.

"W-what's your favorite fruit?" Toshiro asked heisentantly.

"Huh? My favorite fruit?" Ichigo asked."Uhmm...Strawberries."

"Oh, mine is watermelons." Toshiro could tell he was being awkward.

Ichigo smiled."Hey, I know your new and all, but can I have your number? So you can help me with my homework?"

For a moment Toshiro didn't know what he should do. Ichigo looked hopeful, wondering if he would succeed in getting the Silverettes number. Not only did he want to just ask him for his number, he was hoping to get to know Toshiro before anyone else.

Toshiro nodded and got out a piece of paper."Here. I guess you aren't all that bad. And can I have yours too?"

At the end of school, Ichigo was outside with his friends Orihime and Tatsuki, talking about Ichigo. Why? Well, Ichigo had noticed a surprised development. He was sexually attracted to males. It had been this way since he and Renji first attempted to date, but Ichigo hated the way Renji's forwardedness often got them into a full scale bickering battle. Since then, he's been avoiding the pineapple headed redhead, and looking for company elsewhere.

"Are you sure?" Tatsuki asked. "Are you sure you're..."

"Yes Tatsuki, I'm positive I am."

"So...,"Orihime came in. "Does that mean you're gonna wanna wear dresses now Kurosaki-kun?"

"No!" Ichigo yelled, getting a few weirded looks from a few listeners. "I'm not a cross dresser. Just gay."

"So you're attracted to boys, eh?" Tatsuki said looking around. "How 'bout that guy?"

"Uryuu? Not my type." Ichigo said.

"Him?" Orihime suggested.

"Chado? Too quiet."

"How's about the new kid?" Tatsuki said pointing to the silverette.

"T-Toshiro?" Ichigo said blushing a little. "He's cute, but I don't think he's gay like me."

"I'll go ask!" Orihime said running off.

"Wait! Inoue!" Ichigo slumped as he saw his friend ask Toshiro. Oh how embarrased he was. She came back with a huge grin.

"He's curvy!" she giggled.

Ichigo looked up as Toshiro left the school yard, and he followed."Wait! Toshiro!"

Ichigo walked home with Toshiro while listening to the radio play over the speakers in Central Karakura. Toshiro caught Ichigo humming the song and shook his head. He had identified Ichigo as a...laid back kind of person, who like being nice to people, preferrably him. It was odd having friends for Toshiro. He had stayed cooped up in his house for so long...

"Hey Toshiro, can I have your address?" Ichigo asked, cutting through the silverette's thoughts.

"Sure." Toshiro answered halfheartedly, dispite Ichigo's seriousness.

Ichig halted to get some paper out of his book bag. Toshiro sighed and looked around.

'I should be looking for that smell. I wonder where it went?' Toshiro thought.

Then he caught it. A strong whiff of the scent. Right below him. He looked down at Ichigo who was holding his finger that was coated in blood. Toshiro sniffed.

'That same scent...I sniffed earlier today...'

"Aww man. A paper cut." Ichigo whined and watched as the blood dropped to the floor.

"Ichigo, your blood..."Toshiro said kneeling beside him.

"Yeah." He said laughing a little and leaned in to lick it.

"It...smells so good."

Ichigo frowned a bit, stopping his tongue just inches away from his finger."My blood...smells good?"

"It's smells so satisfying."

Ichigo's heart skipped a beat. " What are you talking about?"

"One taste."

Toshiro stuck Ichigo's finger in his mouth and sucked. He closed his eyes and sighed, taking it out." It is you."

"What? What are you talking about?" Ichigo asked looking at his cut, which was now gone."What happened to my cut? W-what are you Toshiro?"

"Ichigo...I'm a...a vampire." Toshiro sighed revealing his fangs.