Chapter 11: Taking Back What's Mine

Toshiro ran to the direction of the vampire lair, and halted. A wierd odor was emmiting from far way. It smells like, death and decaying fleash. The scent of vampires. And just barely, Toshiro could smell Ichigo.

"They're using their scent, to mask Ichigo's." Toshiro whispered. "That's why I couldn't find him."

He walked in carefully, following the vampire scent to where Ichigo is, and perhaps where he could find Gin. He started running, hoping and wishing he was not too late to save Ichigo from certain doom. He desperately hung onto the thought.

As he got closer to a certain metal house, Ichigo's scent got stronger, and so did the scent of decay. He growled. 'I'm going to make Gin pay for this..' He thought. Toshiro flexed his wings and flew on top of the roof. He brung his fist back and punched it, creating a large dent in it. Then punched it again, making a ole, big enough for him to go through. He went inside, his eyes immediately adjusting to the dim lighting inside the structure.

Toshiro's plan was to get in, grab Ichigo, and get out, avoiding meeting Gin under any circumstances. He snooped around, and peeked through an open door. He sniffed, and went on to the next. For the next few minutes, he was peeking in doors and sniffing them out for Ichigo. Then finally, he found the room. Toshiro ran in and looked over Ichigo, who looked like he was sleeping.

"Ichigo. Are you up? Answer me." Toshiro whispered, looking back to the door.

He saw Ichigo sit up and look around. "Who's-"

"SHHHH! Quiet, I'm getting you out." Toshiro said, covering Ichigo's mouth.

"Y-Yuki-ouji? Is that you?" Ichigo asked.

"Yes. Who else would it be, dumbass?" Toshiro sighed.

"Well.. uhmm... Iunno.." Ichigo mumbled.

"What ever. Come on, we have to go now." Toshiro said holding out his hand.

Ichigo grabbed it and the vampire extended his wings.

"And where are you two going?" said a voice.

Toshiro and Ichigo turned around and saw a tall figure in the door way. Toshiro growled.

"Gin..."

Gin smiled and took one step inside, clapping. "You almost made it. If only, Carrot-chan didn't move, then you would've made a good get-away."

Toshiro growled. "What do you want?"

"You know what we want." Gin said.

"You're not getting Ichigo again."

"We dun wan the Carrot-chan. We wan you."

"That's not an option either."

Ichigo bit his lip. As a human, he was powerless to do anything against Gin. He wished he had something to repel Gin, and not hurt Toshiro at the same time.

"Toshiro..." Ichigo said.

Toshiro looked at Ichigo. He looked him over and smirked deviously, for a quick second."Fine Gin. If I come with you, then will Ichigo, be let go?"

"Deal."

"No, Toshiro! Don't-"

"Ichigo! Trust me... I'll be okay."

Ichigo was tossed outside and the door closed to the vampire lair. Ichigo smirked getting up and brushing himself off.

"Vampires are so stupid."

...

Toshiro was being lead down a corridor, to a holding cell, where they would keep him. He smirked and turned around. He flew off in the other direction and out through the hole in the ceiling. He quickly located Ichigo, and grabbed him, flying higher into the air. Ichigo smiled.

"Thank you, Toshiro." Ichigo said.

"Welcome." Toshiro sighed. "Look back and see if he's following us."

Ichigo looked back then looked up. "Didn't you say only evil vampires can turn into a bat?"

"Yeah, why?" Toshiro asked.

"Because if he's a bat, what could he do to us?" Ichigo chuckled.

"I'm going to drop you..." Toshiro threatened.

"No please! Don't!" Ichigo begged.

Toshiro laughed. "I'm not. So what did he do to you?"

"Nothing... They fed me, and gave me something to do. It was like they were babysitting me."

"They? Who else did you see?" Toshiro asked.

"Some guy with brown hair...And eyes. I can't really place his name...Ai-something..." Ichigo thought.

"Ai...Ai..Aizen? Was it Aizen?"

"Yeah! That's his name. But all he did was stare at me..."

Toshiro cursed under his breath."At least they didn't hurt you. Did they?"

"The only time they did, is when they were kidnapping me. Gin bit me on the neck."

"Alright. He did heal you right?"

"Yea, it burned though."

"I felt it too." Toshiro said.

"You did? What does that mean?" Ichigo asked.

"It means nothing. I just felt it, that's all." Toshiro said. "Are you going home?"

"Yeah. I have to go make sure my family's not worried about me."

"Okay." Toshiro turned left and landed a few blocks away from Ichigo's home. They walked from there, and knocked on the door. Yuzu answered with tear stained eyes and a smile.

"ICHI-NII! You're home!" she yelled hugging him.

The rest of Ichigo's family came to the door and smiled.

"Where were you Ichigo?" Isshin asked." The school called saying you were gone and then Hitsugaya's cousin called asking if you guys were home yet."

"I was... Taking a stroll. And I got lost." Ichigo lied. "But Toshiro went out to find me."

Everyone looked at Toshiro, who blushed.

"It was nothing..." he said.

Ichigo rubbed Toshiro's head. "You can call Momo if you want while you're here. Or are you going home now?"

"I'll go home. My family's worried about me too. I'll be fine." Toshiro said.

"Okay. " Ichigo kissed Toshiro on the lips. "I love you."

"Love you too." Toshiro said, starting the short walk back home.

When Ichigo closed the door, he looked at his father who had a serious face. "We need to talk."

Back at the lair, Gin closed the door, to a large room and sighed.

"Aizen-sama... they got away." he said.

Aizen sighed. "You let Hitsigaya get away with the prisoner?"

"I couldn"t get him. His flying ability is much faster than mine."

"I see we have to do this another way then..."

"My deepest apology."

"That's fine Gin." he said. "We have to wait to strike again. And this time, hit him where it hurts."

Gin frowned. 'I've stalled him again... I hope it's enough time for him to get stronger.'