Chapter 5: Guardian Vampire

Ichigo's chocolate brown orbs opened a few times, as the sun drops landed on his eye lids. He sat up and rubbed his neck, which had a weird tingling feeling, probably from Toshiro feeding from him.

Ichigo shook his head and slipped out of bed, ready for another day of school. He put on his shirt, pants, and socks, then lazily tied his tie around his neck.

'Man, why does today seem so...boring?' Ichigo thought as he walked down stairs. And that's when he noticed. His entire house was empty. Ichigo frowned and looked at the refridgerator. That's where his sister Yuzu would normally write stuff. And as he thought, there was a note.

'Hi Ichi-nii! Karin, Dad and I are leaving early to go get some emergency things. Be back when you get home! Love Yuzu.'

Ichigo nodded and looked further down to the note.

'P.S. I left some pancakes in the fridge for you! Enjoy!'

Ichigo scrapped the paper and got the said delicious breakfast out of the fridgerator. He munched on one as he slipped on his shoes and headed out the door. As he walked to school, a sudden firece wind blew over and caused Ichigo to shiver.

"Damn, I should've grabbed a jacket.."Ichigo muttered rubbing his arms together. He looked up to see a small figure sitting on the ground, reading a book. Ichigo had to narrow his eyes to see who it was, and smiled as the figure was recognizeable."Toshiro!"

Toshiro looked up and closed his book. He sighed when the carrot-top approached him, and frowned."It's Hitsugaya-san, Kurosaki."

Ichigo rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Ready to go?"

Toshiro nodded and walked with him to school. The silence between the two was awkward and uncomfortable, to they kept clearing their throats. Toshiro noticed Ichigo shiver slightly as a soft breeze passed through.

"Are you cold?" Toshiro asked.

Ichigo gave the small vampire a small smile. "Sorta."

Why didn't you grab a jacket?" Toshiro asked. "I thought humans were supposed to wear them to keep warm?"

Ichigo laughed. Hearing Toshiro refer to him as a 'human' was sort of funny. "Well yeah, but I was in a rush today."

"Oh, you woke up late?" Toshiro asked.

"Kinda. I got really sleepy after you fed off of me late night." Ichigo said.

Toshiro frowned and stopped walking, making Ichigo stop as well and give him a funny look. Toshiro blinked a few times, before saying, "I fed off of you?"

Ichigo nodded."Yeah, don't you remember?" he said. "You came through my window and then the whole...you know...Feeding Process."

Toshiro sighed."Damn, they've found you..."

Ichigo raised a brow in utter confusion."Huh? They've found me? Who did?"

"It's nothing. Come here." Ichigo leaned in. "Where did I bite you?"

"Ummm here." Ichigo pointed to a spot on his neck. Toshiro bit him softly and pulled away.

"It is him...They are watching me again." Toshiro muttered.

Ichigo blinked and rubbed his neck. "Who's watching you? What are you talking-."

"Kurosaki, I...I can't hang around you anymore." the vampire interrupted. "If you do, you'll be in a lot of trouble."

Toshiro started walking away."It's for your own good."

Ichigo, now confused and angry, ran up to Toshiro and stood in his way. "Hey wait. I want to know what's going on."

Toshiro sighed. "This is exactly why I didn't want to go to a school." he muttered under his breath. "Kurosaki, I'm not the only vampire in Karakura."

Ichigo nodded."Okay. And...?" Ichigo wanted more details.

"The rest of the vampires here...Aren't as leanient on humans as I am." Toshiro continued. "Which means, if they find you they won't heisitate to kill you...And I don't want that to happen."

"Okay, but they've already found me. So it's too late." Ichigo shrugged. "I'm in this thing with you, so it's too late to stay away."

"But Kurosaki, there's a good chance you'll-!" Toshiro started, but Ichigo put his hand over his mouth.

"Shut up, will ya? I'm not scared, and if I die, oh well." Ichigo smiled.

Toshiro sighed and bit Ichigo's hand. Ichigo dared not pull away and let Toshiro suck on it. They stood there for a minute, before Toshiro licked the wound and glare at Ichigo. "I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into. Cause there's no going back now."

"That's fine. I've crossed the rubicon when I've met you." Ichigo said walking away. "Now c'mon Toshiro, or we'll be late for school."

Toshiro frowned. "It's Hitsugaya-san to you!"

~~~~~

Lunch time at school came and Toshiro was alone in the english classroom. Ichigo had left some time ago to use the facilities, and that gave Toshiro the chance to think about some things. He was a bit worried about dragging Ichigo into the 'Vampire Realm', and getting killed. Then he would have to explain the whole situation to his family. Toshiro sighed.

"I shouldn't have agreed."he muttered to himself.

"Wha'chu talkin' 'bout Shiro-chan?" said a sly voice.

Toshiro whipped his head to the door and barred his teeth. "Gin Ichimaru."

Gin's smile grew as his head lowered. "Ya do rememba meh." he clapped, walking closer to the young vampire. "You wa' only twelve when we attacked ya and yer family."

Toshiro raised up, and backed away. "Don't you dare touch me. What do you want?"

"I want that boy."

Toshiro's eyes widened. He couldn't be talking about Ichigo? "What boy?"

Gin shook his head. "So ya suddenly have amnesia? You know what boy I'm talking about."

"I do not. Now go away."

"That orange haired cutie...with the pretty brown eyes, and the rough body..." Gin whispered in Toshiro's ear.

Toshiro's face grew hot. "I-Ichigo..."

"So tha's his name? Ichigo." Gin mused over. "I want him."

"Y-you can't. He's mine." Toshiro growled.

Gin chuckled lowly. "You know how he is when he doesn' get wa' he wants."

"I don't give a shit. Stay away from Ichigo."

Gin backed away. "You've been warned." He disappeared in a cloud of dust and left Toshiro alone in the room. He clenched his fist and chewed on his lip.

'What do you want...? What do you want from Ichigo?' Toshiro thought.

"Toshiro! Hey! Snap out of it! Hey!" yelled a voice.

Toshiro blinked a few times and saw Ichigo in front of him with a releived face.

"Thank goodness. You were talking to your self for a while." Ichigo said.

Toshiro looked around and sighed. "Sorry if I worried you."

Ichigo smiled a little. "That's fine."

Toshiro looked at Ichigo with a thoughtful face. 'I must protect you... I have to...'