Chapter 15: Untold Secrets

Ichigo met Toshiro at the warehouses, and walked inside. Toshiro sniffed the air and caughed onto Momo's distessed scent. What confused him, was he thought they had taken his Granny too, but he couldn't smell her at all. Toshiro feared the worst. Ichigo walked slowly behind him to the house where Ichigo was last taken to, and kicked down the door. There he saw Gin Ichimaru and Sousuke Aizen.

"Where are they!" Toshiro yelled, his teeth becoming fangs.

Ichigo unsheath his sword.

Gin looked at Aizen and dragged Momo out of the closet. "Ya want her?"

"Where's my Grandmother?" Toshiro growled.

"We killed her." Aizen said calmly.

Toshiro's face dropped. Ichigo saw the face and bit his lip.

"Why did you?" he asked.

"Because, we know how important she is to Toshiro. I'll bet you never knew that she knew you were a vampire." Aizen chuckled.

"You monster! Let go of me!" Momo screamed with hysteria.

Toshiro clentched his fist and spread out his wings. "You two will die where you stand!"

He brung his fist back and went for Aizen first. Aizen caught it and landed one on Toshiro's cheek. He flew back and pressed his feet against the wall. He bounced off and continued attacking Aizen.

Ichigo watched Toshiro's failed attempts to beat Aizen to a pulp. He couldn't really do anything as of now.

"Hey, Carrot-chan." Gin said. "Are ya gunna use tha' sword? Or hold it like a stick?"

Ichigo looked at Gin. "It all depends if you attack me or not."

Gin hummed and set Momo down. "Go."

Momo ran to Ichigo and cried in his chest. "Ichigo..."

Ichigo stared at Gin in surprise. "Why?"

"Because... Aizen has had his reign of terror for too long."

"I don't get-"

"Shirou, has he ever told you of his mom and dad?"

"No"

"Toshiro's mom and dad were traitors in the vampire world. They used a human to try and make a child for them."

"And that's against the rules?" Ichigo asked.

"Yes it was. A law set down by Aizen. Since vampires are immortal, there was no need for any children. But like any married couple, they wanted one. We hunted them down for a year. And we finally caught them."

"But why?" Ichigo asked looking at Toshiro as he was sent back by a punch.

"Aizen hated Toshiro's father." Gin said. "But when we caught them, we learned that they had already changed Toshiro into a vampire, and he was gone."

"So, what does this have to do with you?"

"I loved Shirou."

"You..."

"I wan' ta protect him. "

"But he's your..."

"I don't care."

Gin ran toward Aizen and tackled him off guard. Toshiro looked up from off the ground, and stared at them.

"Gin? What are you doing?" Toshiro asked.

"Getting rid of my regret." Gin said. He pulled a steak out of his pocket and prepared to stab him.

Aizen grabbed the hand and held it back. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I will die with no regret. Even if this doesn't kill you, but me instead, I know Shirou's stronger than you." Gin said, and pushed forward. "You will die."

Toshiro looked at Ichigo and flew toward him and Momo. "Ichigo. Grab Momo and we'll get outta here."

"But what about-!" Ichigo started and closed his mouth. "Alright."

Toshiro carried them both out, looking back. "Why Gin..." he muttered.

Ichigo bit down hard on his lip. "He won't win."

"He will. He'll die but... he'll kill Aizen."

Gin coughed and stared at Aizen beside him. He smiled that sly smile, and chuckled. "I've got ya."

Aizen gagged, and looked up. The hole in the ceiling casted a light on him and he started to burn. "Why...?"

Gin watched him sizzle and soon enough he started to burn. "I've grown tired of your terrorizing of Shirou. You can't win."

Aizen disappeared into dust... And Gin followed soon after...

Toshiro put Momo into bed, and pulled the peach colored covers over her. He looked for any overlooked scars or injuries, and left out the room. He let his head fall back and went into his room. The bed greeted him with a cold welcome, washing away any pleasent memories.

"Granny's gone... Forever."

He heard a knock and looked up. Ichigo walked in and sat on the bed. They sat in silence for a while.

"Toshiro... I... don't know what to say. I know it hurts, inside and out."

Toshiro nodded. "How?"

"My mother... She was killed. Got ran over by a car." Ichigo said. "I was with her."

Toshiro looked down. "Oh."

"I went out into the street, I didn't see the car and she pushed me out the way. The car hit her head, and she slipped into a coma. After five days in the hospital, she died."

Ichigo leaned down and hugged Toshiro. "I was so hurt afterward. I wouldn't cry for nothing. If I was bullied, if I was burned, or if I fell... I wouldn't cry."

Tosshiro had the urge to cry, but he couldn't.

"But then one day..."

Outside, the heavens unleashed a sudden rain fall.

"...it started to rain..."

Toshiro then started to cry...