Foreign! Dyslexic! Weak! Reader x STRONG! smart! Book worm! Izuku

UN-EDITED

quirk: Body manipulation

I nervously tapped the edge of the counter as I ate my breakfast. I had recently moved from Norway all the way here to Japan. Every time I look at a Japanese word, I get confused. How can someone remember all those weird symbols? My parents wanted me to grow up and become a hero, since they couldn't. They weren't born with quirks, but surprisingly I was. We look nothing alike, other than our language. My accent is very thick, meaning people who don't understand Norwegian have a hard time understanding me.

My watch made an annoying noise that I have had to listen to for about 8 years. I stood up and grabbed my bag next to me.

My mom came into the room smiling widely.

"Lykke til på den første dagen honning! Jeg håper alt går bra, og jeg elsker deg."(Good luck on your first day honey! I hope everything goes fine, and I love you)

I ran up to her and gave her a big hug, enjoying her warmth. She returned the hug and pushed me away.

I opened the door and walked out, taking a deep breath. The air was cold and crisp, leaving a dragon breath every time I exhaled. People walked by, speaking nonsense, it sounded like they were saying words backwards. Before we moved to Japan, my mom wanted me to learn some Japanese, so I could at least learn the basics.

It was very hard for me, since I had Dyslexia. I couldn't process words normally, and would always jumble up my words. I didn't have many friends because of this, and my dibels test scores were always the lowest in the class.

(Dibels is a test in my school where you have 1 minute to read a passage, and then retell what you read without looking at it.)

I probably would of had a better chance at speaking it if I were taught from a young age.

Time skip~~~~~

I walked to the gates of the school, seeing kids my age standing around chatting. One kid caught my attention, who was talking to a brunet. He had green and black hair, with large green eyes, and 8 freckles.

I started having a panic attack, and slowly walked to the part that not a lot of people were hanging around. I thought about what people would say if they saw me speaking another language. Would they laugh and make jokes in the language I couldn't understand?

All these thoughts rushed through my head, I didn't even someone standing in front of me.

(IMPORTNANT READ! stuff is gonna get confusing. Izuku is going to be bold, and just imagine him speaking in Japanese, and reader is regular, speaking is Norwegian.)

"Are you alright miss?" The kid I saw earlier spoke up. I looked up at him, seeing he had a look of confusion on his face on why I was crying. I didn't know how to respond so I tried my best.

"Hi, me Y/n." The thickness of my accent caught him off guard, as he tried to figure out what was happening. I fiddled around with my fingers before he tapped my shoulder.

Izuku's pov

Her accent sounded like one of the ones I was studying earlier. I mostly would spend my time reading books back at home, some about hero's and quirks, the others about languages and nationality's.

I tried speaking the one English word I knew, that might sound familiar.

"Language?" I asked

Your pov

"Language?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Norwegian."