Chapter 5 - It's Gym Class not Dance Class. (part 1/2)

Chapter 5

  I found an empty part on the field and began to stretch, gearing up for the race. I looked around the field as I stretched my legs and arms, in search for at least one of my friends. No Robin. No Darcy. No Charlie. No Chase. I felt sort of glad, at least I didn't have to verse one of my friends as I ran, not that Robin would choose sneakers over heels. 

  I looked down at my feet, I was wearing my black and white puma's, some soccer shorts, with a bland yellow tank top. Suddenly I realized the shorts I was wearing, were actually Jake's. I put my hand over my mouth as thoughts of him and I flowed into my mind, like rushing water. I remember the Halloween Dance of grade 8, back then Jake and I were known to be the best dancers in our grade. 

  And I mean, I loved to dance. I could dance to no beat at all, I could do a back flip on almost any ground. If you think I was some ballerina around Jake, your wrong. I was like the beep to his bop. I was like a freaking Micheal Jackson, but ever since Jake.. I don't have the nerve to dance. Why? Too many memories of him and I dancing, with every dance move I conduct - more memories come in. 

  More memories continue to flow into my body as I stretch. Suddenly my arms, they did an old dance move I used to do. The one were I pop my right elbow to the right. To keep my hands occupied I put both of my hands around my left leg and put it up to my butt. Making my right foot the only thing keeping me up. 

  I couldn't stop myself from doing a twist with my right foot, I just couldn't. I did one of those ballerina twisty things, as soon as I stopped turning I saw that everyone on the field was staring at me. Great. More attention. 

  "What a loser." I heard Ingrid's voice in the back. I heard snickers coming from the crowd, that was watching me. 

  "You gonna just stand there?" one of Ingrid's clones asked. Are they asking me to dance or something? Suddenly I felt someones hands touch my shoulders, alarmed I whipped around and saw Dylan. 

  "I think they want you to dance." Dylan smiled at me. 

  "I, um .. I don't dance." I whispered, so that only Dylan would here me. 

  "Ya, I think you do." Dylan said, taking one of my hands. I jerked my hands away from his hands as soon as my skin made contact with his.

  "What? I don't bite." Dylan said, pouting. Is he actually suggesting I dance with him? 

  "Look, I came to gym class to run, not do a silly dance in front of people." I said, stressing the word gymWith that I turned on my heel and headed to the 100 meter racing track. (For those who want to be on the Track and Field relay team.) 

 I got into my running position, with my left leg in front of the yellow starting line. Once I heard the go from my coach, I sprinted as fast as I could. Resulting I came in first! 

  "Good job Dani." Each of the runners came up to me and shook my hand.

  "Looks like your going to be the starter for your fourth year in a row." my coach gave me a red 1st place ribbon. 

  "Thank you." I gleamed at everyone. 

  Suddenly I felt someone wrap they're arms around me, assuming it was Dylan I jerk around to find those brown eyes.

  "Chase! You scared the crap out of me." I pouted, trying to hide a smile.

  "Great job Dani!" Chase pulled me into a hug. I went on my tippy - toes so that I could hug him tighter.

  "Wait you were here the whole time?" I asked confused.

  "Yep." Chase smiled.

  "Then why didn't you come to help me when Dylan was harassing me!" I whined, pushing him away from me and punching him slightly on the shoulder.

  "I dunno. Just fun watching Dylan trying to win your affection." Chase smirked at me. I dropped my mouth wide open, 

  "Your such a jerk Chase!" I whined. Suddenly the radio turned on and the song, Break My Heart - by Victoria Duffield. Suddenly a genuine smile fell across Chase's face, 

  "Wanna dance?" he held his hand out to me.

  "You sound like Dylan, and you know I don't dance Chase." I said flatly, looking around for the source of the music. I turned around and my eyes were set upon Dylan, who was running towards me.

  "No, I think you do." Chase said. Hmm. I think I'd rather dance with Chase instead of Dylan.. Although I could just say no to the both of them, nah. 

  "Fine whatever," I rolled my eyes and took his hand, "but.. this is gym class not dance class." 

  "Well, look around, everyone's dancing. Even the coach is fist pumping." Chase pointed out my dance-crazed coach. Sometimes I wonder how I got such weird teachers. I looked over for a brief second and saw Dylan getting closer to me. Deciding: If I didn't dance soon, Dylan would definatly try to steal me away from Chase. 

  When I finally stopped fighting myself, I began to dance with Chase. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Hey everyone, I had to split chapter 5 (this chapter) into 2 parts b/c I was hoping to write a Dylan POV, and I thought were the chapter ended was a good place to start the Dylan pov, in a different chapter. Anyways I hope you guys liked the chapter <3 sorry if it's shorter than my usual writing, but part 2 of this chapter will defiantly be up later today!  

  So what do you guys think? Do you guys want a Dylan Pov? Let me know in the comments <3