Chapter 5 - It's Gym Class not Dance Class. (part 2/2)

Chapter 5

Dylan's POV

  She has to say yes to me. I thought to myself as I made my way towards Dani, but of course her trusty bff, Chase was with her. Ugh. Chase know's I like her, and he still has to hang out with her and make her like him more? That's cold. Whatever happened to the bro code? But then, I saw Chase holding out his hand to Dani. My hand clenched into a fist as she looked back, once more at me, before taking Chase's hand and dancing with him.  

  I stopped in my tracks and looked away, Chase is such a lucky guy right now. Sure Chase and Dani have been best friends for awhile, but there's always room for another.. right? I guess by now your wondering why I'm so persistent, it's just.. 

  All my life I've been able to get a girl, just by talking to them, winking at them.. flirting with them. But every time I try one of those options on Dani she just rejects. Every single time, she always finds a way for me to make a fool of myself. Sure I'm a player, sure I have my ways - but c'mon doesn't every girl like me? Dani is a girl right, shit I didn't just think that - of course shes a girl. A hot girl at that. Maybe if I get one kiss or a hug from her it'll be enough for me to turn back into the player I know I am. It's just, Dani is so different, - she's beautiful, funny, and oh shit. Dani and dance alright.. 

  I looked down at my pants, washroom time. I turned around and was about to make my way to the washroom. As I turned, my eyes landed on a face. A very unattractive face. Ingrid. 

  "Aha. Hi." Ingrid purred.

  "Um, hi?" I asked, scratching the back of my hair. 

  "Do you remember my name?" Ingrid asked, again playing with the botton's of my shirt. I'm not sure if she's trying to be attractive or annoying. Maybe even both. 

  "Umm, annoying girl?" I countered, trying to get her hands off of me. 

  "Aw, your too sweet. Already giving me pet names before the dance." Ingrid laughed, pushing me back so that her chest was leaning on mine. 

  "I said I have a dance Ingrid, now please go away." I pouted. 

  "Well your 'dance partner' looks pretty busy with Chase, over there." Ingrid nodded in Dani's direction. My eyes followed the direction of Ingrid's, Dani's hair was flowing gracefully with the wind, her eyes were gleaming with excitement. I don't get it, how does Chase hang out like that? I mean, isn't it hard to be best friends with a girl and not fall for her? And a hot girl at that. 

  "Well she's just practicing for the dance." I countered, hoping that excuse would work. 

  "Sure.. do you mind if I practice with you?" Ingrid cocked her eyebrows up, suggestively. But before I could answer, she began to dance on me. She was defiantly trying to copy Dani's dance moves, but it wasn't even working. She looked like a rag doll, being tossed around. Unsure of what to do. I couldn't help but, to keep looking back at Dani - watching her dance and comparing her to Ingrid. 

  Okay. That not fair, Dani isn't even looking at me. She's just looking at her best friend. When the song finally ended I saw Dani give Chase a bear hug. And that was just enough for me to get pissed even more. Since Ingrid was leaning on me, I just backed up and she fell face first, flat on the ground. I stiffened a laugh and walked away from the, now spasming Ingrid, who was thrashing around on the floor. 

   I began walking towards Dani, my palms were a little sweaty. But why? I was getting close to Dani, until Chase noticed me. He sent me a smirk - [he loves to make me look like a fool in front of girls I like.] - then he looked back at Dani, then back to me. Dani whipped around, her face empty of emotion. 

  "Hey." I said, rubbing my hands together. 

  "Hey, Ingrid's got the best dance move's, eh?" Dani laughed. 

  "Oh? You were watching us?" I asked, she was looking at me.  

  "How could I not? Your face was hilarious." Dani laughed even harder, this time Chase and a few people around us joined in. 

  "Was it really?" I asked, trying to hide my shame. Dani just nodded, still laughing. The laughter went on for a little while, and when she finally stopped laughing, I spoke up.

  "So.. Homecoming?" I asked hopefully. 

  "Look Dylan, I'm sorry. I just don't date." Dani said, she actually looked sorry. Maybe she wanted to go with me, she just doesn't "date?" 

  "What's your story?" I asked her, cocking my eyebrows up.

  "Excuse me?" Dani was taken aback.

  "A pretty girl like you, who refuses to date, always has a story. What's yours?" I asked her, watching her movements.

  "Or a girl like me just doesn't date." Dani said as she walked away from me.

  "Dude, what the heck was that?" Chase punched me slightly in the shoulder. 

  "Well? She'd only walk away if she knows it true. She does have a story, doesn't she?" I asked Chase, watching his expression.

  "Whatever man. I gotta see if she okay." Chase said, as he began to walk away - to Dani's direction - I caught him by the arm.

  "What?" Chase asked me, yanking his arm away from my grasp.

  "Your making her fall for you." I said angrily.

  "Dylan. We're best friends, not boy friend and girl friend." Chase rolled his eyes at me.

  "But do you think you could lay off?" I asked him, turning my gaze to Dani.

  "How? We're best friends. That's how I always treat her." Chase shrugged.

  "Sure.. " I rolled my eyes at him.

  "And Dylan, if you actually got a chance with her.. you'd just blow it. You'd break her heart." Chase said, looking away from me. 

  "Is that the impression I gave to her?" I asked, hoping the answer was no.

  "Well, your a player and you know it," Chase took a breath, "really only you could answer that question." 

  "What?" I yelled at Chase as he ran off in Dani's direction. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  And that is officially the end of chapter 5. Aha, the next chapter is 100% Dani's Pov... Honestly, writing Dylan's POV was pretty hard - cause I don't really know how a player thinks.. ANYWAYS, I hope you guys liked the chap, and I hope it lets you guys see how Dylan sees the story and what he thinks. There will prob be more Dylan POV's but later into the story. But YA, I hope you guys liked the story and pretty please with cherries on top, vote, comment, fan, and have a wonderful day guys! <33 - C a r a F u n k