Chapter 19 - Double-take

Dani's POV

 Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach as I brushed my hair, normally I was calm when I went on dates, but this was no regular date. Well to me it wasn't. I felt like the definition of fan girl right now, as in Dylan was the superstar and I was one of the screaming girl's in the crowd. Although I knew he liked me, I was still afraid to loose him at some point. He felt too good to be true. 

 Just then I heard the doorbell ring making the butterflies to a back flip in many directions. 

"Coming!" I yelled out my door as I pulled my bag over my shoulder. 

  Just before I left my room I turned back and glanced out my mirror. For that moment I was frozen, I visualized my past dates with my ex. I visualized all the bad memories, and the terrible breakup that left me broken. I bit on my bottom lip as I stared at my dumbfounded face in the mirror. That was when I realized, it hurt to be alone. It hurt to hold in all my feelings for this long. It hurt to even remember. That was when I felt my head getting dizzy and the world began to darken. 

Dylan's POV

  It had been three minutes since I rang the door, the palms of my hands were getting sweaty as I wondered where she was. That when I heard a loud thump coming from her house, being me my ears were pressed firmly against the door so I got a clear sound. Something had defiantly dropped, not sure how heavy but it had liquid in it. 

 "Hey Dani?" I said weakly thinking of her saying "coming" not long ago. 

 I knocked on the door a few more times, afraid of breaking the door. I licked my lips in worry, where the hell was she? I was nearly 100% positive that she was inside, I heard her for Christ's sake! 

 "Dani! I swear if you stand me up!" I tried to joke, "This isn't funny! I'm getting worried!" 

 I heard something stirr inside the house, maybe it was air but something told me it wasn't. I heard a quiet moan coming from somewhere in the house, which made my head jump to conclusions. 

 "DANI IF YOU'RE FUCKING ANOTHER GUY SO HELP HIS SOUL." That was when I kicked the door open. 

The living room was empty so I assumed she was upstairs. I rushed up the stairs, 3 at a time. My heart pounding. Please don't be with another guy. Please don't be with someone else. I prayed to myself. That was when Dani's lifeless body came into view. 

"Dani!" I cried out as I got on my knees beside her body. 

She looked so beautiful. Her pale cheeks stained with a tint of pink, her rosy red lips covered with a bit of gloss. She was breathing, infact she was smiling a bit. But then her smile turned crooked and she moaned again quietly. I then realized she had fallen and knocked herself asleep, and might be having a bad dream. 

I put my firm hands on her shoulder and began to shake her gently. Her eyes flew open wildly, her breathing rapid compared to what it was before. 

 "Dani, Dani. Dani," I said trying to calm her, "You're okay. You're okay." I pulled her tightly in my arms. Her small hands landing on my chest as she sobbed in my shoulder

 "I'm sorry I-" she breathed, "I don't know what happened." 

 "I think you fainted." I chuckled. 

 "Probably.." She scratched her head adorably.

 "I was standing outside for houuurrrs." I exaggerated. 

 "Oh, I'm so sorry.." She giggled. 

 "No. I'm kidding. I was out there for like 4 minutes.. and by the way.." I smiled. "You may need a new door." 

 "You do know that it I have a key under the mat.. right?" She smacked my shoulder lightly with the back of her hand. 

 "Well shiii-" she leaned in and kissed me lightly. 

 "But thanks for caring." 

---

SORRY ITS SO SHORT. X_X EXAMS FREAKIN SUCKS. I HOPE THIS WILL DO UNTIL AFTER EXAMS! I LOVE YOU ALL, I WISH I COULD UPDATE EVERYTHING!

- Cara Funk 

ps: I didn't edit this before posting!