Chapter 9 - 6 Days Until Homecoming

Chapter 9  

  I picked up my plastic fork, and twisted my warm spaghetti around it. Dylan was watching me tentatively, to see if I would like the food he ordered. 

  "Dylan, chillax. It's spaghetti, of course I'll like it." I laughed. Dylan's face relaxed, and I think my heart just skipped a beat. 

  "Alright, I'll stop looking at you like my prey. I'll eat, I'll eat." Dylan smiled at me, and looked down at his own spaghetti.

  "At 3?" I asked him.

  "Yeah sure, I'd love to go on a date with you at 3pm." Dylan said sarcastically.

  "No, I meant, we both eat spaghetti at the same time. At 3." I explained, not liking Dylan's sarcasm.

  "Oh, alright. But you know, I'm free at 3." Dylan winked at me. 

  "School ends at 3:30, idiot. I'm not ditching the last 30 minutes of school." I complained.

  "Fine, be the goody-too-shoes." Dylan smirked holding up his fork.

  "Ready?" I asked him, eyeing my own spaghetti.

  "1." Dylan smiled, putting his fork closer to his mouth.

  "2." I said lifting my fork to my mouth as well.

  "3." We said together. to my surprise, he put his fork in my mouth instead. Deciding to play along I put my fork in his mouth. I chewed the spaghetti quietly, watching Dylan's blue eyes looking into mine. Are you sure he's a player? I asked myself.

  "You like the food?" Dylan asked me, watching my movements. 

  "Yeah, it's great. I never knew spaghetti could taste so good." I let out a quiet laugh and relaxed. 

  "It probably tastes better cause I fed it to you." Dylan smirked at me.

  "Right," I rolled my eyes and punched him lightly on the arm.

  "anyways, why were you dressed.. like.. the way you're dressed now. I know you don't usually dress like this everyday." I raked my eyes down his outfit, his shirt was now un tucked, and his pants were a little lower than earlier. He did look better than earlier, but I'm still curious.

  "I had to dress like a nerd for Drama class." Dylan choked out.

  "Wow. I'd give you an A+ for 'use of props.'" I laughed, I really would though. I put my hand to my forehead and realized I was still wearing Dylan's 3D lenses-popped-out-glasses.

  "So, I've been wanting to ask you something." Dylan said leaning his fork on his plate.

  "Oh, go ahead." I said. If he asks me to go to Homecoming once more, I think I'm going to have to slap him across the face. I mean, hanging out with him is cool, but slow dancing with him doesn't seem like the best thing for me right now. I'm still not over Jake. I'm a real loser aren't I? 3 years. and I'm still not over him. It makes me sick to realize he made me feel this way.

  "Why don't you let any guys into you're life?" Dylan asked me, he literally looked concerned. His eyes told everything, he really did want to know. 

  "I told you it's personal." I said looking down at my watch. 6 minutes until I had to get to my last class, Language.

  "Yeah, it must be real personal." Dylan said under his breathe.

  "Look, I gotta go. I have language in 6 minutes, and I'm not even sure if I'll make it back to the school in time." I said getting up from my seat, and put away all my trash.