Chapter 18 - Tables are meant for eating

HAAAAIIII. Sorry its been so long! I just wanted to let you all know that I just got my own laptop so I will be able to update more frequently and everything! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and don't forget to read the little note at the end of the chapter! Happy reading <3 xx 

--------

Dylan's POV

 I stood infront of my mirror as I shaked some of the water out of my hair. I had to look good for Dani if I wanted to be able to get a yes from her. Before heading out of my house I grabbed a white rose out of a nearby vase. 

 "Cya Mom! I'm going to be heading out now!" I yelled towards the kitchen. 

 "Alright sweetie, just a second." my mother said as she headed out of the kitchen. 

Her eyes quickly landed on the white rose in my hand, startling me a bit as her face lit up with an expression that I had never quite seen before.

 "Who is that for?" she cocked up an eyebrow.

 "A girl ..." I said quietly feeling blood rushing to my cheeks.

 "Really?" her jaw dropped. "You found someone?" 

 "Yeah.." I thought for a moment, "I think I did." 

 "Aw sweetie!" She pulled me into a hug.

My mother smelled of pancakes and perfume, while my dad smelled of wine and cheese. I sometimes wondered how they got together, but then again I did meet Dani didn't I? She pulled back and I flashed her a smile before I headed out the door. 

The warm spring air hit my face as I hopped on my skateboard and pushed off my driveway, I did a couple tricks on my way to school catching the attention of some layydiess, but they were nothing compared to Dani in my book. I pulled up in the schools parking lot and realized I had forgotten all about my school bag, the only thing in my hands right now was the rose for Dani. I was about to turn back when I saw Chase on a board with two bags slung on his shoulder. 

One was mine, and the other was his. He rolled up beside me as he tossed me my bag with a smirk on his face. 

 "Who's the rose for?" Chase wagged his eyebrows up and down. 

 "Dani.." I chuckled as I carefully pulled my bag over my shoulder. 

 "How you planning on giving it to her?" Chase said as he picked up his board as the bell rang for school. 

 "You'll see." I smirked as I rushed into the school after the flow of teens on their way to 1st period, leaving Chase in the parking lot dumbfounded. 

Dani's POV

"Come on let's sit here." I nodded in the direction of Dylan and Chase. 

Dylan was looking good today, but I saw him holding something in his hand earlier. It was white and it kept me wondering all morning during first period. Chase spotted me with Robin and Darcy and as soon as his eyes landed on my face he nudged Dylan causing him to drop his fry when he saw me. 

 "He is totally checking you out." Robin chuckled into my ear.

 "Shut up." I pushed her a bit.

Suddenly someone grabbed Robin's arm causing her hand to pull me down with her. I found us at a table with John and some of his friends I had never met. Darcy eventually took a seat next to me and once she sat everyone pushed all their trays of food off our table, including mine. 

 "What the heck? I payed for that food!" I complained as Robin knocked it over the table. 

 "Shh." she said, nodding in a different direction. 

I looked over in the direction she was nodding in, and it was at the end of the table that I saw something I never thought I would see. It was Dylan holding a white rose as he attempted to stand up on the table. Once he was at the center of the table he yelled out, 

 "Alright everybody shut up!" the whole cafeteria went silent. 

 "What's going on?" I whispered to Darcy.

 "Just watch!" she focused my attention back to Dylan. 

He walked infront of me then lowered his body so that his face was right across from mine. His blue eyes glimmered in the cafeteria light, I was just about to speak when he held up the rose for me to take. I reached my hand out but he pulled back the rose, a confused look crossed my face. 

 "You can have the rose, but only when you say you'll go on a date with me." he licked his lips. 

A round of aw's went around the room making me blush. 

 "Oh I see how it is." I crossed my arms across my chest.  

 "I'm not hearing a yessss." Dylan chuckled stressing the word yes. 

 "Alright," I leaned forward in my seat, "I'll go on a date with you." 

 "Really?" he smiled as he hopped off the table and stood behind me. 

 "Really." I said standing up from my seat to face him. 

We were face to face, and I swear this moment was perfect. But the bell rang, and even though it rang - everyone remained in their seats, watching us. 

 "Great." Dylan said as he began to learn in to kiss me. 

I put my hand gently on his chest, 

 "Nu-uh, rose first." I smiled jokingly. 

 "Oh shut up." he said as he planted his lips on mine. 

----

SO THATS IT GUYS. LOL SORRY ITS SO ABNORMALLY SHORT. I'VE BEEN LIKE LEGIT BUSY, BUT I FELT LIKE YOU GUYS DESERVED AN UPDATE! You guys are the best fans ever, and I am really loving all the support and feedback I'm getting. So as always, vote? fan? comment? <3 love you all. 

- C a r a F u n k