Chapter 14 - That Evening

SHORT A/N!!! - When I give you guys the Que press play on the song I put the link to ;)

Chapter 14 | Dani's POV

"Ughh!" I said annoyed as Robin struggled to pull the zipper up the dress I had chosen out.

"Oh my gosh! This zipper is impossible!" Robin complained.

"Keep pulling!" Darcy chanted.

The three of us were in the change room of this fancy store that sold dresses, it's still a mystery to me as to why I don't know the name. I wonder what the people outside of the change rooms think what's going on inside of the change room..

Finally I heard the zipper untangle from my hair and close the rest of the area on my back. In triumph we pumped our fists around in the air and marched around the change room, we had literally been in this change room for ages, and well... let's just say this isn't the first dress I've had a struggle with.

"Few.." both of my friends sighed.

"Would you two laddies hurry up in there!" an old lady scowled at us from the outside of the change rooms.

"Sheesh, I thought old people were slow."

"Just hang in there!" I said as I picked up the rest of the dresses I tried on before.

Me and my two friends rushed out of the change rooms, that old hags been bothering us for as long as I can remember. Not even bothering to look myself over in the mirror, I grabbed Darcy's wallet from her hands and handed the money for the dress to the cashier. It was extremely late and the store was about to close, this dress was my last option, unless you count jeans and a t-shirt appropriate for a homecoming dance. I busted out of the dress shop just as the lights were turning on, on the sidewalk.

"Brrr.. since when did it get so cold?" I shivered in the cold breezy air. I looked down at my dress, it was a bright teal colour, and was strapless.

"Oh my gosh, that dress looks so cute on you!" Darcy squealed in excitement.

"Really?" I smiled at my two friends. Suddenly I heard people laughing as they excited the shop next door to the dress shop I came from. Two figures appeared as they were coming out of the store, when the lights lit up in front of the store, I read the sign: Moores. Moores was a shop that sold suits for men, the two figures stopped in they're tracks just as the lights went on above my head.

In the light that reached the two figures, I saw who they were. I can't say I was happy or sad with what I saw, did I have a choice?

"Dani!" I heard Dylan's voice in the darkness. Just as he finished saying my name, a street light lit up above his head, illuminating his gorgeous black hair and his beautiful blue eyes. My eyes raked over his body, he was wearing a pure black suit and he had a navy blue tie.

Damn. Dylan looked hot.

I felt a smile creeping across my lips, annoyed with my thoughts about Dylan I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot.

"Dylan!" I said with fake enthusiasm.

"Hey!" He rushed up to me and held my hands.

"Hi." I said quietly. His hands were so freaking soft!

"What are you doing out so late? I wouldn't want my Homecoming date to be suddenly kidnapped.." Dylan chuckled wickedly, as if he was the one to kidnap me himself.

"Suddenly." I did air quotes while grinning at my friends around me.

"You look beautiful." he smiled at me.