Chapter 4 - Dani + Running + Hallway = Door in face

Chapter 4

  I escaped into the hallway of my school, and sighed. The hallway was packed with people. (Talking, texting, flirting, blocking my locker..) I rolled my eyes when I saw a couple makin' out in front of my locker. I walked over to my locker, and shooed them away. Just then my phone, in my jeans back pocket, beeped. 

  I flipped open my phone and saw a new text from Robin. Yay. I thought as I opened up her message, and read it. 

     u r sriously 1 of da dumest grls in da world. i cn't beleve u trnd him dwn. 

  I rolled my eyes and replied back, 

      says the one who spells like a 4 year old. 

  That should shut her up long enough, after texting her I opened up my locker and looked into the small mirror that was attached to my locker door. I saw my own face, my brown hair, and my brown eyes. Why would someone like him go after me anyways? He could get any girl he wanted..

  I looked down at my outfit, plain black flats, faded skinny jeans, and a plain white V-neck. What's so special? I sighed and looked back into my locker, in search for my biology textbook and my binder. Once I found my stuff, I grabbed my purple Jansport back pack and slipped the stuff in. I held up my right wrist and checked what time it was. Shit. 

  It was already 3 minutes into Biology class! No wonder the hallways were practically empty! I slammed my locker shut, pulled my bag over my shoulder, and ran upstairs to the 2nd level and towards the already closed door to biology. I turned around the corner and slammed right into an open door. 

 "Shit." I muttered. Someone was exiting biology class and, they just had to slam the door right in my face. Serves me right for running in the hallways. My bag tumbled off my back as I held my palms to my sore forehead, causing all my books to fall onto the ground. I sighed and bent down, attempting to pick up my stuff. My vision was blurry and it made it hard for me to pick up my books. 

  "I'm so sorry Dani!" I heard a familiar voice. It wasn't a girls voice that's for sure. 

  "It's fine, whoever you are. It serves me right for running in the hallways." I say, trying to focus on the person who was bending down in front of me, picking up my books for me. 

  "Still feisty, I see." he said again. Sadly this time, my vision focused on his face. I saw his blue eyes, boring into my brown eyes. And his dark brown almost black hair, glimmering in the lights of my school's hallway. 

  "Shut up." I said, picking up the rest of my books. I recounted my stuff and noticed my biology text book wasn't in the pile. I saw a smirk fall apon Dylan's face, of course he has my book. 

  "Can I have my text book back please. I'm already late as it is." I said, looking into the classroom. I saw Darcy and Robin, two seats were vacant beside Robin, great. I have to sit beside the girl who can't stop talking about Dylan. 

  "Only if you go to the dance with me." Dylan grinned at me. 

  "You just hit me in the freaking face, with a door. I think you should just give me the textbook back, and we can stop talking to eachother." I said grabbing my book from his hands. 

  "Oh come on Dani! Doesn't something about this conversation seem, special?" Dylan smirked at me. 

  "Dylan. You just hit me with a door." I said, getting bored of his persistance. 

  "Yeah, and it was an accident. Don't you think it's like.. destiny or something?" Dylan smiled. 

  "Again. You. hit. me. with, a. door." I said, spacing out my words, maybe he can understand me more clearly when I talk like this.