Chapter 6 - Countdown?

Chapter 6

Dani's POV

   The rest of the day played out pretty normal. I had my regular classes with my almost regular people. With the exception of Dylan "just happening" to be in almost every of my classes. Minus Math with Mr. Barlye. When the final bell rang, I pulled out my cell phone and called Robin, then called Darcy. I put on 3 way calling. 

  "Hey guys, I have some plans tonight." I said, walking through the hallways towards my locker. 

  "Oh my gosh, did Dylan ask you out on a date?" Robin and Darcy both said at the same time.

  I took a breath, and said, "Guys, there is no Dylan and I, and there will never be a Dylan and I." I said annoyed. 

   "Sure.." the said together, still talking at the same time.

  "Anyways, you guys wanna have a slumber party at my place tonight? Just the 3 of us though." I said as I pulled my stuff out of my locker. 

  "Sure!" Darcy said.

  "Defiantly, should we just go straight to your house now.. or can we barrow some of your pj's?" Robin asked me. 

  "I think it's be best if you guys went home and picked up your stuff.. and you guys can bike to my house?" I suggested.

  "Yeah, that sounds good. We don't live too far from you." Darcy said, happiness covering her voice.

  "Alright but don't take too long in packing." I said before I hung up on the two of them.

  "Are you having some party or something?" I heard Chase's voice behind me. 

  I whipped around surprised to see him leaning on the locker beside mine, while Charlie and Dylan. "Not really. Just Robin and Darcy are coming over and staying for the night." 

   "Any pillow fights?" Dylan cocked his eye brows up as he pushed Chase aside, so that Dylan and I were face to face.

  "Why do you wanna know?" I asked.

  "The three of us are having a sleepover tonight too." Charlie but in, stopped the tension that had risen when Dylan went up to me.

  "Who's house?" I asked, leaning my head onto my locker.

  "Chase's." Charlie and Dylan confirmed. Great, my best friend AND next door neighbor is having a sleepover with Dylan and Charlie, just a few meters away. My eyes narrowed at Chase,

  "Is that so?" I asked, pushing Dylan aside and standing in front of Chase.

  "Problem?" Chase chuckled. 

  "Uh-oh, here comes the flirting train." Charlie rolled his eyes and punched Chase's shoulder.

  "Not really." I said, waving aside Charlie's comment. Ever since Chase and I were younger, it's always been a vow, a will for us to throw the better sleepover party. 

  "You up for a challenge, Ms. Alexandra." Chase asked me.

  "Bring it." I said, backing away from Chase.

  "Consider it brought." Chase said as he took a few steps back before turning on his heel and walking on through the hallways. 

  "See ya around Dani." Dylan had a small smile.

  I figured it's time to be a little nice to Dylan, seeing as I'd run into him a lot. "See ya." I say back, and his small smile just gets bigger. I wave to Dylan before turning on my heel and walking out of the school.