The Start of a New Beginning

RECAP:

"Hey" I whisper softly as I enter the room slowly

"M-miry" he pauses, "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to ruin both our lives I-"

"Patrick," I touch his tear stained cheek, "Patrick, you're going to be ok,"

"I-I almost killed everyone... I almost killed you..." he cries, "After we- After we lost our baby I just... I couldn't think straight." He laughs softly, "Hell, I can't think straight."

"Patrick, look at me." I demand as I lift his chin up, "It's not our fault we lost the baby. It's especially not yours. You would've been an amazing dad, Patrick. I-I know you've been going through a lot the past three years, honestly, we both have... I'm sorry it had to come out like this."

"Honestly, I rather be locked up." he mutters, "I don't want to hurt you nor your future with Jayson. What's done is done. I know losing our baby made me what I am now and I hope to get better... I want to get better. Three years of suffering has done nothing good for neither of us, but I just-"

I cut Patrick off by pressing my lips against his. A real, meaningful kiss. I needed to kiss him and I didn't know why, it just had to be done. My thoughts keep rambling off until I feel Patrick leaning in, causing my thoughts to fade away.

I know it isn't the right thing to do- especially having a boyfriend and him being in the same room watching you kiss another guy, but I couldn't hold it in. Patrick is a necessity in my life. He was going to be the father of my child... He was going to be with us and keep us safe just like any father should do. Being thirteen and having a child was frightening but having Patrick there helped calm me down. Losing the baby only helped me to realize how much I needed Patrick. I couldn't lose him.

"M-miry" Patrick whispers causing my thoughts to fade away

My eyes shift from his puffy ones to stare into the eyes of my audience. Cody's face shows hatred and disgust while Glenn's is confused and Jay... Jay was sobbing.

I turn back to Patrick and hug him tightly, "I'm so sorry" I mutter, "For everything... For losing our baby, for this happening to you, for kissing you..."

"You didn't mean to lose the baby, Miry. You didn't mean for any of this to happen. You didn't..."

***

"Miry! Miry, please wake up!
" Someone Call 911!!"
"Miry ple- She's waking up! Forget the call!"

"W-what happened? Ow, fuck" I pull my hand away from my head

"Are you ok?" Cody says pulling me up into a sitting position, "You fainted, Miry. Do you need sugar?"

"N-no...." I mutter holding his hand tightly, "I'm fine, I am. C-can we go see Patrick now?"

"Miry that's-" Glenn beings but is cut off by Cody

"No." Cody says closing his eyes, "He... I lied... he isn't in jail Miry."

"He-he kill... he committed suicide ." Jay whispers closing his eyes too

"No. N-no you're joking! No! Let me go see Patrick!" I say crying

"Miry please calm down. I know this hard.... this is the reason you fainted in the first place, but please calm down" Cody says touching my cheek gently

"I-He. He can't leave me..... W-why did.... why did he leave?"

"He missed you..... he felt sorry for himself, and he wanted to be with your kid up in heaven..."