Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Only A Matter of Time

The gray she-cat sat outside the nursery calmly. She watched warriors going in and out of camp, life as a kit was boring for Bluestar. She couldn't fight, couldn't hunt, and she couldn't even leave the camp. Bluestar was worried, she knew Scourge was in Windclan. And he was not a cat that you wanted to see in your clan. She wasn't sure what he would do. In fact, Bluestar was surprised he hadn't murdered her already. Bluestar has thought that maybe Tigerstar might want the reborn cats dead, and at the moment Bluestar was vulnerable. Bluestar had originally wanted to be in Thunderclan, but no cat had been expecting soon enough for her to enter the world unless she wanted to be the kit of Sandstorm and Fireheart. She had decided that would be strange, to be the daughter of her former apprentice and deputy. Bluestar was stuck with the next best option, Windclan.

Since arriving at Windclan she had been voted the world's most calm and obedient kit. She rarely complained or whined, she listened carefully, and she didn't randomly play and get in the warrior's ways like most kits.

Bluekit sighed, she missed the trees over her head and the smell of the damp forest leaves. Bluekit stood up and walked back into the nursery, there really wasn't anywhere else she could go. She had considered sneaking out of camp many times, but that seemed wrong. Although, it also seemed fun.

Giving in to her boredom and temptation, Bluekit stood up and left the nursery. Making sure no one saw her she snuck out of the camp and ran along the open moor. It felt good to have the breeze in her fur. Before she knew it she had reached the border to Thunderclan. She hesitated, knowing she shouldn't cross the border. But the trees were calling to her, they were her home.

Bluekit slowly descended the slope of the riverbank, thankfully the river was frozen solid so Bluekit was able to cross carefully. Bluekit climbed the other side of the bank and entered into the trees. Even though the trees were bare, their leaves gone for the cold time, she still felt so much more at ease here than on the moors. She walked through the forest, gazing around in wonder. She had never gotten to live in this territory, only in the old forest before the twolegs destroyed it. Bluekit began to get distracted from looking around and wasn't paying attention to if any cat was near her.

"Hello there little one, whatever are you doing here," a kind voice spoke. Bluekit whipped around to see a dark ginger she-cat standing near her. She was accompanied by two other cats, a gray and black tom, and a pale, sandy tom. Bluestar was unsure of what to say, how could she possibly explain this.

"I was exploring," the young kit mewled, desperately hoping they would accept the response. Of course, cats don't usually expect much from kits, so the three warriors didn't question the alibi.

"Well," said the ginger cat, "why don't we bring you back to the clan to get your warmed up and make sure you're all healthy and fed. Then we'll take you back to your clan," she meowed. Bluekit hadn't noticed she'd started shivering and cursed herself inwardly. She was tiny kit, she couldn't handle the cold like this. Bluekit nodded, accepting the offer from the Thunderclan cats. The cats smiled.

"Wonderful, my name is Redflower and this is Sootraven and Pineclaw," she meowed. Bluestar nodded, showing that she understood.

"I'm Bluekit," he meowed in response.

"Well Bluekit, let's get you to camp," Pineclaw said. He leaned over to pick her up by the scruff. Before Bluekit could say a word the warriors took off, the trees becoming nothing but a blur as they ran through the forest.

********************************

They arrived at the camp rather quickly, getting many whispers as they entered. A strong, confident look she-cat with pale fur started towards them. Bluekit assumed she was the leader,