Chapter 18

Chapter 18: A Leader's Lives

          Beechstar stepped forward, ready to give Fireheart his first life. 

          "Are you ready?" she questioned. Fireheart nodded, giving Beechstar a warm smile. He wanted to apologize to her for not being able to save her, but he couldn't.

          "I give you a life for honesty. Use it well and tell cats what's really in your heart," she touched her nose to Fireheart's and the pain jabbed through him. He felt the life being pushed into him forcefully. Fireheart clenched his jaw, forcing himself not to yelp. Once the pain subsided the next cat stepped forward, Jumpclaw. Fireheart couldn't resist the urge to speak to the former deputy. 

          "I'm sorry," he meowed, hoping the deputy didn't have any hard feelings towards him. Jumpclaw held up his tail to silence Fireheart. 

         "Don't apologize, Fireheart. It was my time and I'm proud of you," he purred. Fireheart felt pride swell in his chest, he valued Jumpclaw's opinion. He had been his mentor after all.

         "I give you a life for courage. Hard times are coming, use this life to guide your clan through them," as they touched noses the life shot through Fireheart like a lightning bolt, he felt in that moment like he could do anything h set his mind too. The powerful feeling soon melted into searing pain. Not expecting the pain, Fireheart let out a small yelp. As the pain slowly ebbed away Fireheart was left panting on the ground. A blue she-cat stepped forward, Fireheart recognized the she-cat as Bluestar. Except, she was a kit. It made him chuckle when she spoke in a small squeaky voice. 

          "I give you a life for empathy. Notice sometimes things happen that you can't fix but when they do, be there for your clan," she meowed. He was not used to her sounding so odd. This life came with the force of thunder, but it felt softer and almost warm. It was pleasant but strange. 

          The next cat was Lionheart, Fireheart's first mentor. Fireheart gazed up at him. The powerful cat gave him a warm smile,

          "I give you a life for endurance. Let it give you the strength to help your clan and to not give up even if things feel hopeless." This life shot into him as fast as a monster on a thunder path, Fireheart felt as if he couldn't breathe. He was panting and his teeth clenched as the feeling faded and his breath came back to him. 

          Dustpelt was the next cat to walk up, he had died shortly after Sandstorm. 

          "I give you this life for strength. Use it to help defeat your enemy's in battle," Dustpelt meowed, touching his nose to his former leader. Fireheart felt the pain of many battle wounds strike his body, he yelped as the pain multiplied for a second and then relaxed as it faded. 

          He had four more lives to go now. Fireheart was exhausted, he had forgotten how hard the ceremony had been. The next cat limped forward, her gray pelt strikingly familiar. Cinderpelt. Fireheart battled the urge to speak to his former apprentice and medicine cat. 

          "I give you a life for understanding. Understand what your clanmates are going through and what they have been through," she meowed. The life sank into Fireheart slowly, it felt soft and kind. Cinderpelt retreated and was replaced by the familiar black cat, Ravenpaw. Fireheart smiled, happy to see his old friend. He said as much to Ravenpaw, who only smiled at him in return. Ravenpaw dipped his head towards Fireheart.

          "I give you a life for Friendship. Friendship is a special thing, cherish it and nurture it for you never know where it could lead you." This life gave him a warm fuzzy feeling as it entered him, so far the best life he had been given. 

A New Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें