His Electric Feel Part 28

Rain continued to drip around us as Van stared at me with that dangerous gleam in his eyes. I stepped back out of his arms and walked away as a precaution. He just shook his gorgeousl head.

"Think you're gonna get away Ms. Grande?" I threw back my drenched hair.

"Think you're gonna catch me?" I shot back at him.

"There's only one way to find out," he started to stalk towards me.

"Not this time Vanny boy,"I laughed as I ran towards the car.

The squelch of the dirt that was becoming mud under our feet, the pat of rain on our wet skin, the beat of our drumming hearts, the swell of our combined laughter was music to my ears. My life was never and would never be simple, especially with Van, but it was so absolutely worth it if this was what it could be.

Soaked hair whipped me in the face as I rounded the Camaro. I stopped at the hood and stood my ground when I turned to see Van standing at the trunk. We were both breathing heavily and giggling.

"What, couldn't keep up with the girl?" I defiantly asked leaning against the car.

"For all you know, I'm totally faking." Van had both of his hands propped on the trunk and was wearing his curved smile.

"Are you faking?" He was in the Black Orchid. A little run like that should not leave him breathless.

As if he could read my mind, Van replied, "What can I say? You take my breath away Tor." His expression looked serious now.

"Oh yeah?" I laughed at him. Van's recognizable smirk appeared on his face.

"Maybe it's because you didn't shower today?"

"You ass! I did to shower today!" I yelled like a bratty teenager.

"Huh, maybe I should get a closer inspection then?" he warned before taking off again.

Adrenaline filled me as I started to run yet again. I went towards the open pasture, away from the car and tree. The grass started to get taller and taller until I had to start a kind of skip run to clear it.

"Think about the ticks!" Van yelled at me from about twenty feet back.

"I dare them to bite me! I'll rip their little heads off!" I screamed into the cool night air.

"There not the ones you should be afraid of Lilo." I gasped at the sound of Van's voice that was only a few inches behind me. It even seemed like he had whispered it into my ea-.

Suddenly, I was being thrown through the air and coming very close to colliding with the ground. Seconds before I hit it though, an outside force flipped me over so I was laying against Van's chest, who's back was about to make contact with the very unforgiving ground. A resounding scream pierced through me as we came to a stop and I bounced up a little bit. The scream I was exhaling though, was soon replaced by painful laughter as Van tickled me unmercifully.

"Van...plea.....sto....... "My tickle talk was really quite pathetic.

"I'm sorry Torah, but I couldn't make out what you were trying to say. I think it was something along the lines of keep going though. Is that right?" His hands were relentless against my very ticklish stomach.

I tried to shake my head, but he only tickled me harder so that I fell off his chest and onto the wet, muddy ground. It was so welcome though. Anything was

better than Va-.

I had spoken way too soon. Van was back on top of me and going at my stomach with fingers full of revenge. I tried to grab his hands, but it was useless with my flailing arms. My only other weapon was my legs that Van had pinned under his side.